News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Her Royal Heilness

Started by Syt, July 18, 2015, 04:47:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 12:25:13 PM
Frederick II would have lasted about a week in her job before killing himself conquering Europe.
:)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Which Frederick II? The fag deserter?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

All you need to conquer Europe these days is a sternly worded letter so maybe so  :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on July 20, 2015, 12:29:00 PM

Either one works. The famous ones at least, I am sure there are dozens of Frederick IIs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 12:05:01 PM
Lack of intellect or ability are actually pluses in her job. You don't want somebody who might accidentally say an independent thought and trigger a political backlash.

Naw, it takes a lot of skill and nuance to influence policy without officially influencing policy.  Think about her trip to Ireland as an example.

Caliga

I like to think of him as a the gayest conqueror since Alexander. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 20, 2015, 12:36:05 PM

While he was a fine King I think the entire known world is more impressive than Silesia. No offense to Silesia I am sure it is lovely.

Valmy

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 20, 2015, 12:33:29 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 12:05:01 PM
Lack of intellect or ability are actually pluses in her job. You don't want somebody who might accidentally say an independent thought and trigger a political backlash.

Naw, it takes a lot of skill and nuance to influence policy without officially influencing policy.  Think about her trip to Ireland as an example.

Huh you make a compelling point. I guess I figured anybody of skill or ambition would eventually snap and start calling her politicians morons or something.

viper37

Quote from: Malthus on July 20, 2015, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 18, 2015, 11:35:15 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 18, 2015, 07:50:42 PM
Liz= Slow
one more reason to get rid of her as head of state.  Poor judgment and slow intellect.

Heh I saw this "news" item and my immediate thought was 'Vipes must be delighted'.  :D
and you guessed right!

Though it is pretty much insignificant.  I must have done this myself around that age.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Somebody gave me a Confederate kepi when I was a kid and I wore it all the time. So that might be a tad embarrassing if somebody dug that up once I was made King of England.

'Hey that could be a gray kepi from any army!'

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on July 20, 2015, 12:11:41 PM
I think it'd be awesome to live under a capable absolute monarch but those days are long gone.
I think some of your ancestors just turned in their grave :P
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 12:37:09 PM
Quote from: Caliga on July 20, 2015, 12:36:05 PM

While he was a fine King I think the entire known world is more impressive than Silesia. No offense to Silesia I am sure it is lovely.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Quote from: viper37 on July 20, 2015, 12:50:01 PM
I think some of your ancestors just turned in their grave :P
Are you referring to my many ancestors who fought in the American Revolution?  If so they didn't live under a capable absolute monarch either before or after the war. :hmm:

Valmy

In fact they moved to the New World to protest Parliament not bowing to the wise rule of Charles I. True story  :P

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2015, 01:00:59 PM
In fact they moved to the New World to protest Parliament not bowing to the wise rule of Charles I. True story  :P

:face: