Shooting in Chattanooga Navy Reserve Center and Recruiting Station

Started by lustindarkness, July 16, 2015, 02:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

They shouldn't have to depend on prosecutorial discretion here  :wacko:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/navy-denies-rumors-sailor-will-be-charged-for-stopping-chattanooga-shooter/

Navy Denies Rumors Sailor Will Be Charged for Stopping Chattanooga Shooter
by Ken Meyer | 6:14 pm, August 3rd, 2015

In the weeks following the Chattanooga Shooting, rumors have circulated about whether the military personnel who fired back at Mohammod Youssef Abdulazeez could face charges for firing a gun on federal property. The Navy responded to those reports on Monday, saying that the stories were false and investigations are still ongoing.

"Stories of Navy personnel being charged with an offense are not true," the Navy said in a reply to a Facebook question. "There is still a long way to go in reviewing the facts of this tragic incident, but at this time we can confirm no service member has been charged with an offense."

Many of the rumors began when former representative Allen West expressed his outrage in a blog about how he heard that Chattanooga personnel were being charged for defending themselves. Various media sources and figures have spread these reports across the Internet, including Jim Webb in a recent tweet:

Quote from: Jim WebbNavy charging LCDR Tim White w/ a crime for trying to defend our sailors & Marines in #Chattanooga?  He deserves a medal, not an indictment.

Officials have previously said that Lt. Cmdr Timothy White could have been charged on the grounds that his shots contributed to the chaos of the attack, but such charges would be "extremely unlikely." Lt. Tim Hawkins said on Monday that the Navy is continuing to cooperate with the FBI, but reiterated that "there's a long way to go in reviewing all the facts of this case."

You can see the Navy's response here:

https://www.facebook.com/USNavy/posts/10152971607592823
QuoteStories of Navy personnel being charged with an offense are not true. There is still a long way to go in reviewing the facts of this tragic incident, but at this time we can confirm no service member has been charged with an offense.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Sounds like a story made up out of ether by some moron, and picked up by other morons.  Since prosecutors are under obligation to act like adults, they cannot deny it strenuously enough to nip this in the bud.

Admiral Yi

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 03, 2015, 06:39:38 PM
They shouldn't have to depend on prosecutorial discretion here  :wacko:
Yes they should.  That's what prosecutorial discretion is for.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: DGuller on August 03, 2015, 06:44:15 PM
Sounds like a story made up out of ether by some moron, and picked up by other morons.  Since prosecutors are under obligation to act like adults, they cannot deny it strenuously enough to nip this in the bud.
It made the rounds on Facebook as the Gospel truth, so it accomplished its purpose.
PDH!