News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gay Marriage Upheld by USSC in Close Ruling

Started by Syt, June 26, 2015, 09:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

To be fair, the actual quote is "Some of the darkest 24 hours in our nations history".

So not worse than Pearl Harbor, but just as bad?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2015, 09:35:40 AM
It is so stupid I have a hard time believing he really said that or if it was different in context. That is stupid even for him.
To be fair, Berkut did crop the quote in a way that is marginal at best.  The real quote is:  "Today is some of the darkest 24 hours in our nation's history."  Stupid, yes, but regular GOP stupid.

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2015, 09:35:40 AM
It is so stupid I have a hard time believing he really said that or if it was different in context. That is stupid even for him.

Heh, he opens with the line.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ted-cruz-today-is-some-of-the-darkest-24-hours-in-our-nations-history/

Though he qualifies it as "some of the darkest ... ". So it is just on par with Pearl Harbor, 9/11 etc., not worse than.  ;)

Edit: ninja'd twice! But I put in the link.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 30, 2015, 09:40:28 AM
To be fair, Berkut did crop the quote in a way that is marginal at best.  The real quote is:  "Today is some of the darkest 24 hours in our nation's history."  Stupid, yes, but regular GOP stupid.

Alright that makes sense.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Quote from: Valmy on June 30, 2015, 09:42:01 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 30, 2015, 09:40:28 AM

Alright that makes sense.

It actually doesn't, though.

Warspite

In the histories to come, we will trace the destruction of the US to the fateful decision of the George W Bush administration to focus on Afghanistan and Iraq after 9/11, rather than The Gays.
" SIR – I must commend you on some of your recent obituaries. I was delighted to read of the deaths of Foday Sankoh (August 9th), and Uday and Qusay Hussein (July 26th). Do you take requests? "

OVO JE SRBIJA
BUDALO, OVO JE POSTA

DGuller

Quote from: celedhring on June 30, 2015, 09:42:58 AM
You can't judge different cultures by your own standards.

Admiral Yi

No it doesn't.

Maybe "the past 24 hours are among the worst 24 hours in American history."

But then again he's Canadian so you have to cut him slack.

Valmy

That was an expected thing for a somebody like Ted Cruz to say.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

lustindarkness

A flailing monkey is interdependant on the relatedness of motivation, subcultures, and management.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 30, 2015, 09:48:16 AM

No it doesn't.

Maybe "the past 24 hours are among the worst 24 hours in American history."

But then again he's Canadian so you have to cut him slack.

That's what I meant, English isn't my first language but that grammar looked really off.

Valmy

Quote from: Warspite on June 30, 2015, 09:47:13 AM
In the histories to come, we will trace the destruction of the US to the fateful decision of the George W Bush administration to focus on Afghanistan and Iraq after 9/11, rather than The Gays.

Well given those options it is more likely to be the gays.

Monoriu

I just found out that Mr Ted Cruz is a current US senator.  I would have thought that he should be more careful than that :blink:

Admiral Yi

Quote from: celedhring on June 30, 2015, 09:57:26 AM
That's what I meant, English isn't my first language but that grammar looked really off.

Yup.  He said that today is about 2 or 3 of the 24 darkest hours.