News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Gov. Mark Sanford goes crazy, disappears

Started by Caliga, June 23, 2009, 07:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 24, 2009, 07:39:03 PMYou gonna watch all the future press conferences to see if you catch the Budd Dwyer moment?
:yes: HEY MAN, NICE SHOT. :punk:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

So here's my theory. The Lt Gov and the Gov don't like each other much. Gov's wife endorsed Lt Gov's opponent in  the last primary race I heard. The relationship has been not close. Lt Gov finds out Gov isn't gonna be hiking the 'Trail and decides it's his moment to backstab. He pretends to freak out because he can't reach the Gov while he's away, probably knowing he isn't where he says he was going to be. Chief of staff tried to cover for Gov, but fails because Lt Gov came out with that statement saying Mrs. Gov didn't know where he was. Possibly Lt Gov contacted her before that statement came out. I bet he loved that call. Everything gets blown open and Gov will be ruined, Lt Gov takes over as First Man in Columbia.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Could be.  Someone leaked emails between the guv and the First Concubine to the press down there.

Caliga

*checks* Oh dear.  He's another Bible-thumping family values nut, just like Sanford.... and he's single.  He's clearly a closet homosexual.  :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlCqkMVgCbs&feature=related

jimmy olsen

Imagine if he was having an affair with Stanford's wife!  :D
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Doubtful.  First of all, Sanford's wife supported his opponent in the last Lt. Gov. race.  Second of all, she lacks a penis.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Phillip V

Mitt Romney must be chuckling. A family man and awesome businessman. He was my GOP man in 2008, and if Obama falters, Romney just may be the man in 2012.

Romney 2012!  :w00t:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on June 24, 2009, 10:26:23 PM
Mitt Romney must be chuckling. A family man and awesome businessman. He was my GOP man in 2008, and if Obama falters, Romney just may be the man in 2012.

Romney 2012!  :w00t:

No Mormons. Ever.

CountDeMoney

It was kinda funny watching the footage of Rushbo's show today, when he just kept shaking his head and saying over and over, "Scratch another one...he coulda been our JFK...he coulda been our JFK..."

Phillip V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 24, 2009, 10:31:42 PM
It was kinda funny watching the footage of Rushbo's show today, when he just kept shaking his head and saying over and over, "Scratch another one...he coulda been our JFK...he coulda been our JFK..."
Link?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Phillip V on June 24, 2009, 10:34:05 PM
Link?

It was on Olbermann's show tonight.
A GOP governor on the ropes? You better believe I watched Olbermann tonight.

Razgovory

I saw this guy's press conferance.  The guy is fucking boring to listen to.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DisturbedPervert

He should take all his cash and run to Argentina.