Texas Sons of Confederate Veterans build CSA memorial on MLK jr. Drive.

Started by Syt, June 20, 2015, 11:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

I don't think it's unreasonable to execute traitors for treason. Standing in arms against the government on the field of battle has to be considered treason. I also understand that there were political reasons not to execute all CSA veterans.

Hint for traitors: win.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

viper37

Quote from: The Brain on June 21, 2015, 07:43:35 AM
I don't think it's unreasonable to execute traitors for treason. Standing in arms against the government on the field of battle has to be considered treason. I also understand that there were political reasons not to execute all CSA veterans.

what's the difference between a traitor and a patriot?
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

I think a reasonable distinction between a traitor and a patriot could be the traitor misrepresents himself.

The Brain

Quote from: viper37 on June 21, 2015, 03:44:19 PM
Quote from: The Brain on June 21, 2015, 07:43:35 AM

what's the difference between a traitor and a patriot?

Raz answered this.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on June 21, 2015, 03:44:51 PM
Victory.

Bullshit. Plenty of traitors have won and are still considered traitors. A famous one has a namesake on this board.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HisMajestyBOB

Will they call it the Dylann Roof CSA Memorial after his execution?
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 21, 2015, 04:23:06 PM
Victory.

Bullshit. Plenty of traitors have won and are still considered traitors. A famous one has a namesake on this board.

What did Benedict Arnold Win?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on June 21, 2015, 04:23:06 PM
Victory.

I don't consider him to be a traitor.  :secret:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on June 21, 2015, 11:45:23 PM
I don't consider him to be a traitor.  :secret:

Alcibiades seems like a traitor to me.

But geez just go look at Eastern Europe. Guys who are/were considered traitors had long and glorious careers all over the place.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

They ought to build it on a Malcom X Boulevard.  Now that would be ballsy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall