News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish: I need your help (please!)

Started by Eochaid, June 20, 2015, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

I agree Viper. There are also sites that are like languish that are hosted by large companies.

For me, the interesting conundrum with the survey was how to answer truthfully. For a lot of the questions, I instinctively wanted to say "yeah, I care about that". But really, would I change my social media use? Probably not.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on June 20, 2015, 07:02:06 PM
not reaylly.

Would you still participate if Languish had tracking ads?  If Languish collected info on wich subject you are interested (what you read on the forum) and sell it to advertisers so they can target you?

That is the kind of questions this survey intends to answer.

Fair enough.

sbr

Quote from: alfred russel on June 20, 2015, 07:16:15 PM
For me, the interesting conundrum with the survey was how to answer truthfully. For a lot of the questions, I instinctively wanted to say "yeah, I care about that". But really, would I change my social media use? Probably not.

That was me too.

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on June 20, 2015, 07:16:15 PM
I agree Viper. There are also sites that are like languish that are hosted by large companies.

Yeah, same. I guess I sorta assume that everyone is collecting everything I ever say online so, absent anonymity of Languish, I factor it into what I post.

PDH

I answered, but I lied on some stuff because I can be an asshole sometimes.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: PDH on June 21, 2015, 12:36:51 PM
I answered, but I lied on some stuff because I can be an asshole sometimes.

It's ok. He lied when he said there were 7 questions.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Done.  Also, being American, there's no such thing as a "privacy-guaranteed" social network anymore.  That stuff went out the window with the FISA court's integrity.
Experience bij!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Eochaid on June 20, 2015, 04:13:31 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2015, 02:15:38 PMAlso you've got a bunch of questions about social media that have to be answered even if the person doesn't participate in any social media.

I understand your point of view, but I would say that questions 5 and 6 remain valid for people who don't use social media because those people might not be using social media because of one or more of the criteria listed are not met.

Kevin :)

Even though I use very little social media I thought questions 5 and 6 were fine.   I still had a view of what I would like to see from social media if I did use it more.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.