News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languish: I need your help (please!)

Started by Eochaid, June 20, 2015, 11:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eochaid

Hello everyone,

I am looking into people's social media habits for a personal project of mine and I'd be very thankful if you could help me complete the info and data I have seen online by taking this survey I created: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DR259X5

The survey is in English, has just 7 questions and should take about 3 minutes to answer. It is of course completely anonymous.

I would also be extremely grateful if you could forward it to people you know or link to it on whichever social platforms you're using. I am casting a net as wide as possible, so please don't be shy in who you share this with.

Many languishites come from countries where I don't know too many people and I'm very keen to avoid getting just British and French respondents.

Thank you very much for your help and have a lovely weekend.

Kevin

EDIT: those of you who skipped some questions, could you please tell me what put you off? Was it the number of questions, the questions themselves, the way they were phrased etc.?
It's been a while

Martinus

Norgy

Eochaid

Those of you who skipped some questions, could you please tell me what put you off? Was it the number of questions, the questions themselves, the way they were phrased etc.?

In any case, thanks for taking the time. :)

Kevin

PS: Norgy!  :hug:
It's been a while

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

"Where are you from" could either mean where were you born or where do you live now.

MadBurgerMaker

Admiral Yi

Also you've got a bunch of questions about social media that have to be answered even if the person doesn't participate in any social media.

Darth Wagtaros

PDH!

Eochaid

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2015, 12:56:06 PM"Where are you from" could either mean where were you born or where do you live now.

I phrased it that way on purpose to encourage people to pick whichever choice they believe most appropriate. For example, someone born in Asia but who's lived in the US for most of their live might feel American or Asian. This phrasing hopefully sidesteps similar probelms.

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2015, 02:15:38 PMAlso you've got a bunch of questions about social media that have to be answered even if the person doesn't participate in any social media.

I understand your point of view, but I would say that questions 5 and 6 remain valid for people who don't use social media because those people might not be using social media because of one or more of the criteria listed are not met.

Kevin :)
It's been a while

Legbiter

Saw the thread title and thought we'd be helping you get rid of a body. :lol:  :ph34r:

Anyway, did the quiz.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2015, 02:15:38 PM
Also you've got a bunch of questions about social media that have to be answered even if the person doesn't participate in any social media.

We all use social media though (languish). In the event someone doesn't, there are options to answer.

Did the quiz.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Admiral Yi

Quote from: alfred russel on June 20, 2015, 04:47:55 PM
We all use social media though (languish). In the event someone doesn't, there are options to answer.

But the questions about privacy policies etc are irrelevant to a place like Languish.

On a tangent, I got my first ever (recognizably) targeted pop up the other day.

dps

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2015, 04:50:04 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on June 20, 2015, 04:47:55 PM

But the questions about privacy policies etc are irrelevant to a place like Languish.
not really.

Would you still participate if Languish had tracking ads?  If Languish collected info on wich subject you are interested (what you read on the forum) and sell it to advertisers so they can target you?

That is the kind of questions this survey intends to answer.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.