News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Syt on July 09, 2015, 04:18:23 AM
I get a pic of Shia LaBoef and his girlfriend?

Dammit, I had just posted that in the Laboeuf discussion at the Spanish Paradox OT. :D

Here's the right link

http://www.playbuzz.com/ashleighburns10/can-we-identify-your-age-based-on-your-political-opinions

Syt

According to the test I'm 33, 5 years below my actual age.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on July 09, 2015, 04:09:42 AMSays I'm 26, I'm in fact 36.

I'm "26" too, and I'm turning 36 later this month.  :lol:

Then again simply having European political opinions makes one young in this test, I think.  :P

Zanza

You must be around 26 years old! You have a young, optimistic and hopeful attitude about the world. You are very liberal when it comes to most issues, especially social and economic ones. Things like social justice, human rights and the environment are very important to you. You consider yourself a pacifist and activist. It's a good thing you're so passionate because your generation is the next one to take over the world!

garbon

47!

Oh and description basically said I was world weary.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Iormlund

26, as well. Neither activist nor pacifist, but I am indeed quite liberal (especially for Amerikkka).

The Brain

QuoteYou must be around 47 years old! You have lived through a lot of world-changing events and experienced a myriad of historical innovations. You have lost a lot of the optimism that runs free in the young, liberal population of nowadays. You tend to be more conservative on the political spectrum, and you consider yourself a bit of a realist. You definitely support human rights and other social issues, but you have a harder stance on things like immigration, security and economic policies. Although you are mostly a traditionalist, you are open to some forms of progress which makes your political persuasions very logical and moderate.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on July 09, 2015, 06:21:49 AM
QuoteYou must be around 47 years old! You have lived through a lot of world-changing events and experienced a myriad of historical innovations. You have lost a lot of the optimism that runs free in the young, liberal population of nowadays. You tend to be more conservative on the political spectrum, and you consider yourself a bit of a realist. You definitely support human rights and other social issues, but you have a harder stance on things like immigration, security and economic policies. Although you are mostly a traditionalist, you are open to some forms of progress which makes your political persuasions very logical and moderate.

:hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on July 09, 2015, 05:31:43 AM
47!

Oh and description basically said I was world weary.

Me to :hug:

I am not sure I agree with the idea that liberalism =  idealism in the USA. Plenty of space on the libertarian right for idealistic young morons.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

PDH

Mine said MB was Hitler.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Barrister

The test said I was 62.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Syt

A small chain of Asian restaurants which specialize on reasonably authentic dishes, though covering China/Taiwan, Korean and Japanese dishes, have opened a new, more intimate place. Their other places are all very bright, modern with a very reduced decor.

Not so the Shanghai Tan.

Looks like soemthing out of an Asian gangster flick.  :ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Heh, looks like an opium pipe would be part of the cutlery there.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on July 09, 2015, 07:48:15 AM
Heh, looks like an opium pipe would be part of the cutlery there.  ;)

When you click on one of their several restaurant lines, a random word flashes - this one indeed has "Opium Den" associated with it, too. :ph34r:

Food is really good, though.
—Stephen Jay Gould