News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

In Texas, going to Chipotle can get you shot.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grey Fox

Quote from: derspiess on June 04, 2014, 04:30:52 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 04, 2014, 04:11:25 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 04, 2014, 04:02:27 PM
If they have more than one High School it seriously damages their chances of winning the 6A Football State Championship  :(

Exactly.  We continue to have one high school because of the football team (which isn't even very good anymore).  They are building a new one, but won't use the old one anymore so to continue having one high school.  Of course we have two middle schools and the Freshman have to use another building half a mile away, but by God we don't divide up our football talent!

My township has 6 elementary schools, one middle school, and two high schools.  Not sure why they funnel everyone through the same middle school but then branch off at the next level.

How big was it? That doesn't seem to be a lot of schools.

My suburb has 58 elementary schools, 13 middle/high schools(we don't split it) in French and 11 elementary, 5 MH schools in English.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josquius

I'm curious. Do many English/French speaking parents send their kids to the opposite's schools in order to give them a better education?

My town had a few primaries, two middles and no high. Hurray for the countryside.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

No, Bill 101 provides the guide lines for when Francophone/Immigrants can go to public English schools.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2014, 10:36:49 PM
Couldn't they have one school for people who care about American football and one school for people who care about school? It would help them both!

LOL that's cute.

QuoteHow many kids do they got enrolled? 5k?

Almost 6000, biggest High School in the state if not the nation.  But more importantly the defending Texas High School Football Champions.

Edit: It is the largest Public High School in the country, a few private schools have more than 8K.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on June 05, 2014, 08:19:51 AM
Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2014, 10:36:49 PM
Couldn't they have one school for people who care about American football and one school for people who care about school? It would help them both!

LOL that's cute.

QuoteHow many kids do they got enrolled? 5k?

Almost 6000, biggest High School in the state if not the nation.  But more importantly the defending Texas High School Football Champions.

Edit: It is the largest Public High School in the country, a few private schools have more than 8K.

Man, I thought my High School was an overcrowded hellhole with over 2000 sweaty teenagers.  :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

I suddenly have a strange thirsty emptiness inside me that cannot be filled with milk or water. I think I have a bit of a craving for orangeaid...which I never normally drink. :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Thought this was pretty damned hilarious. 

http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/kid-writes-the-best-letter-from-camp-ever

I can't help but shake the suspicion that her child did not really write it.  Almost seems like too many cute misspellings and the handwriting sort of looks like an adult trying to write like a kid.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2014, 10:05:30 AM
Thought this was pretty damned hilarious. 

http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/kid-writes-the-best-letter-from-camp-ever

I can't help but shake the suspicion that her child did not really write it.  Almost seems like too many cute misspellings and the handwriting sort of looks like an adult trying to write like a kid.

Agree - it's a fake.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

A coworker is a very nice and proper lady whose son just graduated high school and is going through air force basic training. Phone calls home are restricted, so he wrote a letter to his mother asking for her to send him a care package, and listed the items he was hoping she would send. He added that there were prohibited items, and not to send him any weapons or drugs.   :lol:

She is planning on saving that letter and showing it to future grandkids "do you know that your father thought that I might send him drugs when he was in basic training?"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Mothers do stupid things like that sometimes. Smart kid to tell her not to. :p
██████
██████
██████

Malthus

Reminds me - my wife was watching a program on Canadian border security, and I watched a bit - the most awesome case was some dude who tried to cross the border with a doll's arm stuffed in his underwear. They tested it from hell and back for drugs, found nothing, and let him in. According to the dude, he always wore it, to increase the apparent size of his "package".  :lol:

A real life Spinal Tap contender.