And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 02, 2014, 07:50:18 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 02, 2014, 07:03:03 PM
So I'm at Staples, and I'm buying my own writing paper, the good 15lb kind, and I don't need anyone to tell me how fucking good my paper is, because I'm the one who buys it.  I know how good it is.  Because when the Federal government goes shopping for paper, it buys shit. I buy the expensive paper because when I write I want to be able to read it.

OK, but do you have any dead nigger storage?

Couldn't fit it into the joke.  Pacing and tempo issues.

Sheilbh

On the one hand I feel sorry for politicians in this country, on the other hand I love 'are you buying fish?' :lol:
https://vine.co/v/MpgEv2Fpp0T
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

I just got tickets to Simon Russell Beale's Lear! :w00t: :wub: :mmm:

Edit: He's here talking about his interpretation here:
http://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/video/talking-lear-simon-russell-beale-on-king-lear
Let's bomb Russia!

alfred russel

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 03, 2014, 07:58:47 PM
On the one hand I feel sorry for politicians in this country, on the other hand I love 'are you buying fish?' :lol:
https://vine.co/v/MpgEv2Fpp0T

I love the look on ed's face.

On the one hand i dont like the lack of common courtesy, but on the other i would really resent being used as a photo op by a politician against my will while grocery shopping. The whole arrangement is rather patronizing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Josquius

Taking the plunge on booking a flight is tough
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Quote from: Tyr on June 04, 2014, 07:25:58 AM
Taking the plunge on booking a flight is tough

stay where you are :)

Josephus

Hired a new reporter where I work the other day. Can't believe she was just being conceived when I was graduating university.  :(

I'm turning 48 in a week, and for the first time, more so than even when i turned 40, the fact that I'm rapidly descending into senior's territory is starting to dawn on me.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Not exactly the same, but a new batch of interns started. All happy to have thei first real job... I dislike em

Worst part is that there isn't a looker in the bunch
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

HVC

Quote from: Josephus on June 04, 2014, 08:30:34 AM
You still single?  :(
lol no. I look at attractive coworkers like girls look at throw pillows. They're not really useful, and I'm not going to use them for anything, but they're aesthetically pleasing and nice to have around.

PS how's your niece doing? :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

Grey Fox

It dawn on me the other week that the current crop of interns are the age (23) that I was when I started working here.

Time flies.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

HVC

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 04, 2014, 08:34:25 AM
It dawn on me the other week that the current crop of interns are the age (23) that I was when I started working here.

Time flies.
interns are weird. Unless they're there to be cheap filing clerks or coffee makers you spend all this time training them, and once they're finally good at what they do it's the end of the semester/summer.

Grey Fox

Here it's much worse. We give them uber important pieces of software to develop(we only have software development interns for some reason) with minimum supervision.

Then when they've left & it's time to intergrate their code into the software proper, we wonder why it doesn't work.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Our intern's mother works in Administration, and she's slated in some some sort of program designed for school-to-work, so she has a federal job waiting for her when she graduates next year.

The Brain

How many interns give blowjobs? I'm asking for a friend.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.