News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Is the email writer in Israel?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Maladict

Quote from: Zanza on June 01, 2014, 04:29:58 PM
My senior manager got an e-mail from someone else in the hierarchy like an hour ago. As he didn't answer on a Sunday night, that person wrote me an e-mail to me "I don't know if your boss is on vacation, but I didn't get an answer". Yeah, maybe that's because it's Sunday night? What am I expected to do here? Call my boss or what? This is about something that is meant to happen in July...

Why are you reading your work e-mail on a Sunday in the first place? That's almost as bad as sending them.

Liep

A new opinion poll shows the social democrats here with a majority for the first time since the election they won. They owe it all to the opposition leader who is a bigger douchebag than even liberals will apparently allow. :lol:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josquius

My productivity today was 0%. I accomplished nothing :)
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

So...job applications. This one has a silly question asking about my interests and hobbies and what I've learned from them. So many bad idea answers come to mind but no decent "right answer". :(
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

"I have learned from model ship building to be patient and precise."

"When making a wooden dildo, you cannot forget the details. Such as sanding the dildo."
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Zanza

Quote from: Maladict on June 02, 2014, 03:20:17 AM
Why are you reading your work e-mail on a Sunday in the first place? That's almost as bad as sending them.
I was just checking when my first meeting was on Monday so I could see how long I could sleep.  :lol: We had a four day weekend, so I couldn't remember anymore. I usually don't look at e-mails on the weekend.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

"Stop wasting the fish."
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Syt

Read a news story from Hamburg today. Two kids, 2 and 3 years, were taken from the parental household because the place was littered with garbage and there were health concerns for the kids. The proud parents: a guy, 26, with a history of drug offenses, theft, robbery and violence towards his wife. The doting wife: 21, besides the two kids taken away, there's two older kids (the oldest being 6) living with foster parents. Also, she's pregnant again.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

:hmm: Seems like a sensible directive.

Josquius

It is sad that people like that breed whilst decent people get too old before they're ready
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

So I'm at Staples, and I'm buying my own writing paper, the good 15lb kind, and I don't need anyone to tell me how fucking good my paper is, because I'm the one who buys it.  I know how good it is.  Because when the Federal government goes shopping for paper, it buys shit. I buy the expensive paper because when I write I want to be able to read it.
So the little chickadee behind the counter asks if I have a Rewards card, and I tell her there no, and that there are no rewards in life, only damages.  Poor thing had to think about that one for a few minutes.

There's this woman at work, I don't know who she is, whether she's an executive or senior official or scientist or what, but she has got the whole Ingrid Bergman thing going on in a hard core way, and I want to demand from her the sex to which I am entitled.

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on June 02, 2014, 06:02:15 PM
It is sad that people like that breed whilst decent people get too old before they're ready

The problem is that people like that and decent people make about the same amount of money.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)