The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

There went my gallbladder.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: sbr on April 24, 2014, 08:26:33 PM
In what way could cheesy chicken ever turn out good?

Cheesy chicken enchilada.  Cheesy chicken nachos. 

garbon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on April 24, 2014, 08:36:06 PM
Tim's of the "put shredded cheese on evreything its so good!!1 :w00t: :mmm:" school of cuisine.

Are there other schools? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

Quote from: mongers on April 24, 2014, 05:53:13 PM
Just for you Jacob:

Denmark's blocklike transformation:

Minecraft players can now download Denmark – all of it – in 1:1 scale
Government recreates homeland in 1TB download

By Iain Thomson, 24 Apr 2014

Players of the popular sandbox world Minecraft have a new landscape to roam over, as the Danish government put a representation of the entire Baltic country in 1:1 scale online for download.

"All of Denmark is now a virtual world in the ratio 1:1 inside the Minecraft – thus you can freely move around in Denmark, find your own residential area, to build and tear down as you can in whichever any other Minecraft world," said the Danish ministry of the environment – in a Google Translate download, the country has been split into three sections (north, south, and the Eastern Islands,) with each having its own server.

rest of item here:
http://m.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/24/minecraft_players_can_now_download_denmark_in_11_scale/

The Danish government gives voters what they want?
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

That's cool, though I'm a little confused by Denmark being a Baltic country now.

Sheilbh

Quote from: sbr on April 24, 2014, 08:26:33 PM
In what way could cheesy chicken ever turn out good?
Chicken parmo :)

QuoteDon't bet on it. I hear that our Starbucks sucks compared to the U.S. one. Then again our McD is supposedly superior to the American one. I guess you win some, you lose some.
I've heard the same about UK Starbucks.

We've got loads of independent coffee stores now, largely taught by Kiwis and Ozzies which are wonderful. It's one of the few food/drink things that my Spanish and French friends tend to think is better in London (in my view a lot of this is because they're very conservative about food, but more experimental with drinking).

I think Dunkin Donuts (which I've never seen here, loads of Crispy Cremes though) also fills that occasional need for guilty food.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on April 24, 2014, 04:24:26 AM
Weird. I'd have thought with all the Muslims there KFC would do well
Sounds similar to London. KFC really struggles because there's so many other, cheaper chicken shops around.
Let's bomb Russia!

Brazen

One of the Russian Tu-95 Bear H bombers intercepted by the RAF in international airspace off the coast of Scotland. What a beautiful machine  :wub:

Grey Fox

Wow, that must be so old.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

http://www.baltimoresun.com/health/mc-beezin-teens-find-distrubing-new-use-for-burts-bees-lip-balm-20140425,0,1482449.story

QuoteBeezin: Teens find disturbing new use for Burt's Bees lip balm

A disturbing new trend among teens is raising eyebrows (or should we say eyelids?) among parents.

Experts say teens have found a new use for Burt's Bees lip balm, and it has nothing to do with their lips.

This new viral trend called is being called "beezin," and it's lighting up social media. According to KIVI in Boise, "Beezin" is apparently when a person applies a light layer of Burt's Bees natural lip balm wax to their eyelids.

Some who have tried "beezin" say it adds to the experience of being drunk or high, and others said it helps to keep them alert.

Physicians warn that using the lip balm on one's eyelids could cause potential health effects including inflammation in the eye and swelling.  That's due to the peppermint oil in the product, which causes a burning sensation.

:o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Always thought the Tu-95 was a typically ugly Soviet machine.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

My coworker watched that Oliver Stone documentary on Showtime and fell for it hook, line & sinker.  Unless he's just trolling me :hmm:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

What's it about?

Don't answer "Oliver Stone" that wouldn't help at all.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 25, 2014, 10:33:31 AM
What's it about?

Don't answer "Oliver Stone" that wouldn't help at all.

About 10 hours long :P

derspiess

Anyway, it's the "Untold History of the US". 

http://www.sho.com/sho/oliver-stones-untold-history-of-the-united-states/home

Basically, Truman was a terrible racist person.  The US and the US alone is responsible for the Cold War.  Stalin wasn't such a bad guy and only wanted good relations with the US and the West.  And a Henry Wallace presidency would have taken the US to an unprecedented era of peace and prosperity.