News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Ugh. About as bad as a church sign I saw recently.

"God answers Knee Mail"

HYUK HYUK HYUK.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

"Why are scientists so interested in life on Mars when they're not interested in life at conception?"  (Paraphrasing, but that really was the gist.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 20, 2014, 10:18:33 AM
Ugh. About as bad as a church sign I saw recently.

"God answers Knee Mail"

HYUK HYUK HYUK.

I think it's a requirement that that sign rotates through every small-sized church in my area.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

El Arroyo is one of the worst Texican joints around.  Every once in a while I give it another shot because they are all over the place but man, they strike out every time.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

Looks like I will need to do my first return of an Internet order ever :bleeding: As they need to check and fix the stuff I ordered.

I have thrown away the original packaging :bleeding: I need to get my hands on a box :bleeding:

I don't even know where the post office is, yet :bleeding:

Grey Fox

Dildos are not refundables.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

derspiess

So my "five minute" conference call has been going on for 30+ minutes now.  It's the only thing keeping me from wings, beer, and basketball :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

The Brain

Shut up about Wings already.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Grey Fox

The #1 hater, Fred Phelps is dead.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

derspiess

And someone sarcastically asked me if she's keeping me away from March Madness.  Not at all, dear.  I much prefer being stuck on a call in which I'm taking no active part and am only here so my director could say he sent someone.