And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Raciss would be saying she hadnt aged well at all.

derspiess

My first memory of Grace Jones was being amused but creeped out by her Demolition Man video.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Capetan Mihali

Pull up to the bumper, baby
In your long black limousine.
Pull up to the bumper, baby
Slide it in between.

:cool:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

derspiess

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Explosion leveled a house in my old hometown, killing at least 2. 15 people injured, 2 in critical condition. About 10 minutes on foot from where I used to live. Probably a gas explosion, it seems like there was also some construction going on in front of the house.

More buildings were damaged, many windows were smashed. This is the building behind the leveled one:

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

derspiess

Syt

My friends and my Mom are fine, at least. 3 people still missing - including a guy who operated an excavator (they were working on the gas pipes).

Three streets with a total of 100 people will have to be evacuated and experts will have to check each building to see how safe they are.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Admiral Yi

If it was Bourne I'm sorry Syt.

Sheilbh

Incidentally Grace Jones has aged exceptionally well. Here she is aged 63 singing Slave to the Rhythm while hula-hoping for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee (we know how to treat our royals):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNAG-oj4PWk

Definitely the highpoint of the whole Diamond Jubilee thing. She really should have been doing this at the Olympics Opening Ceremony too :(
Let's bomb Russia!