News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 21, 2013, 09:45:46 PM
He should at least go down the WW2 Memorial and thank everybody for risking their lives and losing their buddies to defend his right to be a douchebag and sing Wehrmacht glee club fight songs in public.

You ever met or read about a WWII vet who had a hate-on for the Krauts?  Neither have I.  Nips, sure, but not Krauts.

So lighten up Frances.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 21, 2013, 09:49:51 PM
You ever met or read about a WWII vet who had a hate-on for the Krauts?  Neither have I.  Nips, sure, but not Krauts.
Always meant to ask, how long were you in France?
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 21, 2013, 09:49:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 21, 2013, 09:45:46 PM
He should at least go down the WW2 Memorial and thank everybody for risking their lives and losing their buddies to defend his right to be a douchebag and sing Wehrmacht glee club fight songs in public.

So lighten up Frances.

It's in bad taste.  Maybe humming a few bars'll go over at the local Jewish Community Center.  Use the RedLaser app to scan everybody's tattoos.

Ed Anger

I'd normally defend spicy but I'm too busy PICKING APPLES.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 21, 2013, 10:03:21 PM
I'd normally defend spicy but I'm too busy PICKING APPLES.

Seedy started it, you know :contract:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 21, 2013, 09:57:42 PM
It's in bad taste.  Maybe humming a few bars'll go over at the local Jewish Community Center.  Use the RedLaser app to scan everybody's tattoos.

It's a totally apolitical song, which is why the Bundeswehr continued to use it.  And it's not like anyone else in the tent knew what the hell it was.

I mean, it's not like I sang the German national anthem when it was played.  Not all of it, anyway :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Also, totally unrelated, I hung out & chatted for a bit with a lesbian who owns a Totenkopf ring.

Liep

Stuck on a paper that's due tomorrow. Will drinking help? Maybe vodka to get in that Russian spirit.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Eddie Teach

Sure. Drink enough and that deadline will cease to bother you.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on October 21, 2013, 10:19:02 PM
Also, totally unrelated, I hung out & chatted for a bit with a lesbian who owns a Totenkopf ring.

She sounds..... Classy.

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 22, 2013, 07:06:33 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 21, 2013, 10:19:02 PM

She sounds..... Classy.

She's actually a sweet gal.  She's the sister of a friend of mine and inherited the ring from her grandfather, who fought in the 1st Infantry Division in France & Germany.  He supposedly pulled the ring off a dead SS soldier.  She keeps in her per purse I guess as a conversation piece-- she doesn't wear it as far as I know.

Ed Anger

Malthus

Does she also have a bag of gold teeth?  :hmm:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius