Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2013, 04:29:31 AM
Quote from: The Larch on July 05, 2013, 03:40:31 AM
That thread is...creepy.

It's harmless, mostly just a bunch of 'murricans fellating their penis enhancements. :P

I don't need to witness that.  :lol:

Liep

I just broke my record for sick days in a row. I'm on 3 now, goddamn back. I should probably take this as an (hopefully) early warning and start going to the gym.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Yeah, I had to call in on Tuesday, my back decided not to want to work that day.
In other news, I'm headed out to go work today, Friday after a holiday, woohoo.  <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

My blackness is being leeched away. I got a sunburned shoulder.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on July 05, 2013, 08:40:41 AM
My blackness is being leeched away. I got a sunburned shoulder.

Guess Seedy really is the blackest guy on the forum.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

You know it.

I think I'm giving the dog too many jerky treats. :unsure:  Went out for her morning shit, it was like watching a Soft-Serv dispenser locked in the open position.
Gotta pick it up with a plastic baggie, too.  Almost hurled.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2013, 04:05:15 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 04, 2013, 04:02:26 PM
Where does the MAH STUFF meme come from?

Cal admitting bits of his gun fell off. So, we cool kids started teasing him with the typed southern accent.

MAH SIGHTS FELL OFF
MAH MAGAZINE
MAH SLIDE
MAH SAFETY

From there, it just sticks.

That thread is...creepy.

Quit being a girl.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Larch

Quote from: 11B4V on July 05, 2013, 11:56:07 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2013, 04:05:15 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 04, 2013, 04:02:26 PM
Where does the MAH STUFF meme come from?

Cal admitting bits of his gun fell off. So, we cool kids started teasing him with the typed southern accent.

MAH SIGHTS FELL OFF
MAH MAGAZINE
MAH SLIDE
MAH SAFETY

From there, it just sticks.

That thread is...creepy.

Quit being a girl.

Dude, I'm familiar with guns. My uncle is a hunter and he keeps several rifles at my grandma's house in the countryside. He's taken me shooting several times. Guns don't scare me. Their fetishization does.

Ed Anger

We need to take Larch to Knob Creek.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Larch

If I ever go to Kentucky I'll more than happily join a visit to a gun range. It'll have at least anthropological value.  :lol:

Caliga

Quote from: The Larch on July 05, 2013, 12:55:00 PM
If I ever go to Kentucky I'll more than happily join a visit to a gun range. It'll have at least anthropological value.  :lol:
You'd have to lie and pretend to be American though, or you'd suddenly be the next target.  Not sure how well you can pull off an American-type accent.  Actually... make that a Southern-type accent.  Actually... just leave the talking to us. :)

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on July 05, 2013, 01:06:08 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 05, 2013, 12:55:00 PM
You'd have to lie and pretend to be American though, or you'd suddenly be the next target.  Not sure how well you can pull off an American-type accent.  Actually... make that a Southern-type accent.  Actually... just leave the talking to us. :)

Hey, that's no problem: just make sure he's your target. He can escape when your gun falls apart. MAH SLIDE  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

It sounds like you are not really that familiar with Knob Creek.  My individual ineptitude wouldn't save our European friend.  Not by a longshot. :)

merithyn

In the category of things that give women a bad name:

Link

QuoteLast weekend I attended a wedding of a not-close friend with my boyfriend and as a gift we gave $100 cash. This was generous considering my financial situation. I just finished university with $40,000 in student loans, and have only found part time (12-18 hrs per week) minimum wage work. I gave as much as I could and attended to show my support.

Today I received a rude and condescending message from the bride via Facebook messenger: "Hi Tanya, how are you? I just want to know is there any reason or dissatisfaction of Mike's and I wedding that both you and Phil gave 50$ each? In terms of the amount we got from you both was very unexpected as a result we were very much short on paying off the reception because just for the cocktail + reception alone the plate per person is 200$ (as per a normal wedding range with open bar is about) and Mike and I both have already paid for everything else including decor, photography, attire etc and didn't expect we had to cover that huge amount for reception as well. As I know you both live together and work, so I did not see any reason for that amount, when it comes to your wedding hopefully you'll know what I mean. I hope for the best as from what we receive is what we will give back. Anyways, good luck on everything." [all sic]

It's infuriating that she had the nerve to make assumptions about my finances, and assume that I or my boyfriend had an extra $400 lying around. Those $100 were hard-earned and she didn't show an ounce of gratitude for what she did receive. That money didn't grow on a tree. If she had a minimum gift requirement, she should have specified it...or asked everyone for income statements before inviting them.

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...