News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

I'd love to do a double tag team wrestling with them.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

mongers

So much for a green planet friendly festival:

Waste left behind by festival goers at Glastonbury Festival

July 1st, 2013 by redorbital .

Excess rubbish and abandoned tents are left behind as 135,000 revelers leave Glastonbury Festival. Hundreds of tents were abandoned despite the festival encouraging people to take their tents home with them.

rest of item and more photos here:
http://www.demotix.com/news/2215139/waste-left-behind-festival-goers-glastonbury-festival/all-media

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2013, 03:16:42 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2013, 11:03:41 AM
After reading that, I'm gonna take a walk. Daaaaaamn.

P.S. listen to your body

Yeah, doc says I'd probably be able to eliminate a couple of pills and even ramp down on the Clonidine if I just decide to exercise and lose 20 pounds. 
But it's too damned hot outside, and I've exercised enough in life, goddammit.

Besides, I was at 127/72 this morning, so my pills are doing me just fine at the moment.  Somebody's gotta cover garbon's expense report.
They say that you should just lose weight and exercise, but it wasn't until I started really losing weight that my numbers started to peak.  Fuck diet and exercise (although I'm still doing it from force of habit), drugs are more reliable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: katmai on July 04, 2013, 03:37:56 PM
Jesus fucking Christ. What is wrong with all you people.
Bad genes, anger, fear and having too much time on my hands.

I'm going to avoid breeding so as to not pass the genes on.  Eugenics is the only way forward.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

Should have married a girl with hypotension :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on July 04, 2013, 03:37:56 PM
Jesus fucking Christ. What is wrong with all you people.

Stress, mostly.  You've obviously never supervised large numbers of stupid people, while reporting to even stupider people.  :P

Mom, I blame for the height and the eyesight.  Dad, I blame for this hereditary gig.  Then again, it was a package deal with the monster cock, so it's a push.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on July 04, 2013, 05:24:19 PM
They say that you should just lose weight and exercise, but it wasn't until I started really losing weight that my numbers started to peak.  Fuck diet and exercise (although I'm still doing it from force of habit), drugs are more reliable.

Really?  That's wierd.  For a few years, I was doing fine with just Verapamil and Lisonipril from when I was initially diagnosed,  but then around 2010ish it started to really go haywire with that still-unidentified adrenal disorder. 
Of course, sleep apnea didn't help.  In fact it makes it even worse, kept my body in such a state of stress, I think my adrenals got used to pumping out hormones in a constant stress state.   But the sleep apnea thing could definitely be mitigated by weight loss, and maybe even a tonsilectomy.

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2013, 05:17:36 PM
So much for a green planet friendly festival:

Waste left behind by festival goers at Glastonbury Festival

July 1st, 2013 by redorbital .

Excess rubbish and abandoned tents are left behind as 135,000 revelers leave Glastonbury Festival. Hundreds of tents were abandoned despite the festival encouraging people to take their tents home with them.

rest of item and more photos here:
http://www.demotix.com/news/2215139/waste-left-behind-festival-goers-glastonbury-festival/all-media

Fucking dirty hippies.  :mad:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Neil

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2013, 06:08:02 PM
Really?  That's wierd.  For a few years, I was doing fine with just Verapamil and Lisonipril from when I was initially diagnosed,  but then around 2010ish it started to really go haywire with that still-unidentified adrenal disorder. 
Of course, sleep apnea didn't help.  In fact it makes it even worse, kept my body in such a state of stress, I think my adrenals got used to pumping out hormones in a constant stress state.   But the sleep apnea thing could definitely be mitigated by weight loss, and maybe even a tonsilectomy.
Shitty  Maybe it's just getting old that does it to us.  I turn 32-33, and things really started to come apart.

mongers

Quote from: Neil on July 04, 2013, 08:01:31 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 04, 2013, 06:08:02 PM
Shitty  Maybe it's just getting old that does it to us.  I turn 32-33, and things really started to come apart.

Damn.  :(

You guys need a 'plan' or something ?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Neil

merithyn

Quote from: Jacob on July 04, 2013, 12:44:27 AM
Quote from: merithyn on July 03, 2013, 11:27:04 PM
I don't like sparkling water. :(

It's not that hard a taste to acquire. What is it you like about soda? Is it a sugar addiction thing?

I drink Diet. As for what I like about it, it's hard to explain.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on July 04, 2013, 08:31:07 PM
You guys need a 'plan' or something ?

Yeah, I got a plan.  The plan's not to see 67.

The Larch

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 04, 2013, 04:05:15 PM
Quote from: The Larch on July 04, 2013, 04:02:26 PM
Where does the MAH STUFF meme come from?

Cal admitting bits of his gun fell off. So, we cool kids started teasing him with the typed southern accent.

MAH SIGHTS FELL OFF
MAH MAGAZINE
MAH SLIDE
MAH SAFETY

From there, it just sticks.

Is that from the gun thread? Good thing I asked, I'd never found otherwise.  :lol:

That thread is...creepy.

Syt

Quote from: The Larch on July 05, 2013, 03:40:31 AM
That thread is...creepy.

It's harmless, mostly just a bunch of 'murricans fellating their penis enhancements. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.