News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

I had a dream it was 11 o'clock and I had only just realised I had a flight to catch at 1.
██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2013, 09:40:32 AM
I had a dream last night where I went back to school for undergrad and double majored in Sociology and English. :hmm:

I thought my nightmares about centipedes were bad. :console:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on April 29, 2013, 01:40:51 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 29, 2013, 09:40:32 AM
I had a dream last night where I went back to school for undergrad and double majored in Sociology and English. :hmm:

I thought my nightmares about centipedes were bad. :console:

Teaching them sociology would be a bitch.  :(
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Ideologue

Speaking of centipedes, I saw a house centipede last night for the first time in years.  Fucking hell.

Intellectually, I know they're no real problem--they hunt spiders, they avoid people and try their best to stay on the edges of rooms--but emotionally I can't handle them.  They're extremely fast and "edges of rooms" technically includes ceilings.  And sometimes they lose their grip.

Also, where there's one, there's hundreds.  Remind me to call my building's exterminator/trix.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Ugh I saw one this weekend too. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Hey Seedy!  The Dow is up TWO HUNDRED points today!  What in the world should we do??!? :o

Ideologue

It goes up, the rich win, it goes down, the poor lose.

...I dunno if I'm making fun of Money or agreeing with him. :P
Kinemalogue

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2013, 01:56:58 PM
Hey Seedy!  The Dow is up TWO HUNDRED points today!  What in the world should we do??!? :o

Enjoy the upcoming layoffs that will invariably increase shareholder value. 

C'mon, that was an easy one.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 29, 2013, 01:56:58 PM
I knew I felt my standard of living increase this morning.  :hmm:

garbon

This is kind of fun. Interactive map that tells you where the name of major streets in SF originated.

http://sfstreets.noahveltman.com/
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2013, 02:11:39 PM
I just checked my portfolio. :showoff:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on April 29, 2013, 03:25:39 PM

Hopefully you've got some Southwest Airlines stock;  they just dumped 300 employees in Atlanta, so you should be able to profiteer off of that.

DGuller

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 29, 2013, 03:28:44 PM

Hopefully you've got some Southwest Airlines stock;  they just dumped 300 employees in Atlanta, so you should be able to profiteer off of that.
Just 300?   :(

Caliga

Are you crazy?  I don't touch airline stocks. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on April 29, 2013, 03:30:21 PM

Just 300?   :(

Prepare for welfare!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.