News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I'm sure you've heard Cal or me talk about Big Bone Lick State Park.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

The Holocaust Worse Than Reported

When the research began in 2000, Dr. Megargee said he expected to find perhaps 7,000 Nazi camps and ghettos, based on postwar estimates. But the numbers kept climbing — first to 11,500, then 20,000, then 30,000, and now 42,500.

The numbers astound: 30,000 slave labor camps; 1,150 Jewish ghettos; 980 concentration camps; 1,000 prisoner-of-war camps; 500 brothels filled with sex slaves; and thousands of other camps used for euthanizing the elderly and infirm, performing forced abortions, “Germanizing” prisoners or transporting victims to killing centers.

In Berlin alone, researchers have documented some 3,000 camps and so-called Jew houses, while Hamburg held 1,300 sites.

Dr. Dean, a co-researcher, said the findings left no doubt in his mind that many German citizens, despite the frequent claims of ignorance after the war, must have known about the widespread existence of the Nazi camps at the time.

“You literally could not go anywhere in Germany without running into forced labor camps, P.O.W. camps, concentration camps,” he said. “They were everywhere.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/03/sunday-review/the-holocaust-just-got-more-shocking.html

jimmy olsen

That probably deserves its own thread Phil
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Neil

Quote from: Phillip V on March 02, 2013, 07:39:36 AM
The Holocaust Worse Than Reported
Retarded.  The Holocaust has a pretty well-defined meaning, and not all the slave labour used by the Nazis was a part of it.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

I'm not surprised that racist New York Times would claim that anyone ever killed or mistreated by the Nazis was a Jew.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on February 28, 2013, 05:26:24 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on February 28, 2013, 05:22:02 PM
My Jewish best friend has started attending church. :yeah:

Jewish church?  :yeahright:
Christian church. Unitarian. Him speaking Hebrew and coming from a traditional Jewish family with Israeli mother, it's a start. ;)

The first service made him cry, and Facebook tells me that he will attend a church potluck supper for members under age 35.

Perhaps passing his mid-twenties crisis of life meaning, I am having increasing confidence that a devout Christian woman will convert him and marry him while I whisper in the ear.

garbon

I don't see what that would be a good thing.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Because he'll go to heaven? :pope:

Edit- oh, Unitarian? Probably not then.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

My dad just woke me up, asking me about whether he should buy a new iPad 3 for $250.  My bullshit meter already spiking, I went to the site he was looking at:  http://www.saleoffplaza.com/products.php?product=Apple-iPad-3rd-Generation-16GB%2C-Wi%252dFi%2C-9.7in-%252d-Black

Is it just me, or does this site reek of a scam?  I guess I'll find out if this site is for real, because I know my dad, and he's not going to listen to me.  Deals that are too good to be true are also too good to pass up.

Phillip V

Quote from: DGuller on March 02, 2013, 11:14:35 AM
My dad just woke me up, asking me about whether he should buy a new iPad 3 for $250.  My bullshit meter already spiking, I went to the site he was looking at:  http://www.saleoffplaza.com/products.php?product=Apple-iPad-3rd-Generation-16GB%2C-Wi%252dFi%2C-9.7in-%252d-Black

Is it just me, or does this site reek of a scam?  I guess I'll find out if this site is for real, because I know my dad, and he's not going to listen to me.  Deals that are too good to be true are also too good to pass up.
The site only started up the middle of January. There is no contact info for the company's phone number or address. Gosh, just look at the directions for "returning" an item: http://www.saleoffplaza.com/pages.php?pageid=3

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

DGuller

Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2013, 11:26:54 AM
No way do I want to click that it sounds so dodgy.

http://www.scamadviser.com/is-saleoffplaza.com-safe.html
Yep, one of my clues has been the fact that this is the only link you get when you google the site name, that doesn't come from that site.  That just won't happen with a legitimate site.

Phillip V

Why doesn't your dad listen to you? :(

DGuller

Yep, I knew it.  Called my dad again to share the fact that this site has no phone and address, and he told me "he took a risk". :bleeding:  I know my dad too well.  For an intelligent man who grew up in Soviet Union, his gullibility knows no limits.