And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

I like Shake that Bear better.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Josephus on February 09, 2013, 09:07:43 AM
How will it end? :hmm:

The chick renegotiates for more money. The dudes don't have it. She leaves. They jerk each other off.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on February 09, 2013, 09:28:34 AM
Quote from: Josephus on February 09, 2013, 09:07:43 AM
How will it end? :hmm:

The chick renegotiates for more money. The dudes don't have it. She leaves. They jerk each other off.

That sucks. :(
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: LaCroix on February 08, 2013, 10:48:04 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 08, 2013, 10:43:49 AMWTF?  Unfairly?  Bias?  What the hell are you talking about?
well, unless i've misunderstood your argument, your complaint toward the film is that you did not like an aspect of the story. so, if you told others the movie sucked because you may have disliked that certain part, it would be unfair given your bias
No it wouldn't.  Bias is absolutely critical to matters of opinion.  Trying to eliminate bias is silly.

Note that when I make this post that I am biased against overthinking things, and also biased against movies that pointlessly and needlessly slaughter the beloved characters of the previous film in the series.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

Ugh, there's something outside chirping at a precise, regular 30 second interval all fucking day, and I can't figure out where it is or what it is;  some sort of an alarm or smoke detector, something whose battery is failing.   It is incredibly grating, because it's too pretty of a day to close the windows until dark.

I really hate living here.  I wish everybody that lives around me would just die already.

katmai

Again move to Alaska, can be all alone up here :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Well. Seedy, you will be happy to know that I resisted the temptations of the filthy foreigner FJ Cruiser, and just signed the papers for a 2012 Sahara with the tire/wheel upgrades you mentioned. Only 5700 miles on the thing.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Lettow77

Important interview tomorrow. I'm nervous!

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josephus

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.