Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2012, 11:32:38 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2012, 11:22:24 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on October 30, 2012, 11:17:10 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 30, 2012, 10:09:13 PM
The insomnia is back. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Tried some exercise during the day?  Cutting down caffeine six hours before bed?  /languishdoctor

I think it is tramadol withdrawal.

Man, you take a lot of painkillers.

Hairline fracture and calf muscle tear will cause that.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Now I'm hungry. This late night shit sucks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Having another water, though I did have a can of happy juice earlier.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 30, 2012, 09:24:23 AM
He's signing an American football Tyr, I wonder what he could play...?
That photo didn't show for me yesterday. :unsure:

██████
██████
██████

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 30, 2012, 09:26:23 PM
Ugh...a lot of my girls bring in these funny stuffed animals/slash cushions to class, and today one girl brought in a "flower snake" animal cushion.

For those who don't know that's the equivalent of bring a gold digger pillow to class.

I don't know what a "gold digger pillow" is.

Edit: oh, okay.  But that's like a girl bringing a stuffed beaver to school and wondering if she's a lesbian.  Sometimes a snake is just a snake?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on October 31, 2012, 03:08:22 PM
Ugh...a lot of my girls bring in these funny stuffed animals/slash cushions to class, and today one girl brought in a "flower snake" animal cushion.

For those who don't know that's the equivalent of bring a gold digger pillow to class.

Google gave me gold pillows, pillows that say Gold Digger and a lot strange things.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: Ideologue on October 31, 2012, 03:08:22 PM

Edit: oh, okay.  But that's like a girl bringing a stuffed beaver to school and wondering if she's a lesbian.  Sometimes a snake is just a snake?

My take is that a "flower snake" is something so specific, it has to be intentional.

So the better analogy is someone bringing two stuffed beavers to school, creatively positioned.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Liep

So the new official Danish dictionary is being published next week, and with it is introduced 4500 words into the language. Amongst them is tsunami, fuck, bitch, and carpaccio. Another introduction is a chance to grammar, some words can now be spelled with -ie instead of -ium (it's almost unanimously pronounced with -ie) and other words can be spelled as one instead of several, eg. 'inden for' = 'indenfor'.

None of this will in any way chance how I use the language, so the fun has been reading all the comments. Many of the commentators are still pissed about the infamous Mayonnaise War of 1985 (where mayonnaise could officially be spelled "majonæse").

I know I'll be writing Schweis as Svejts and miljø as Milieu, just to confuse and piss them off. But, is Denmark unique in having vocal language traditionalist? It's weird having people believe that right now is the best incarnation of Danish ever.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Jacob

Quote from: Malthus on October 31, 2012, 03:36:22 PM
Quote from: Jacob on October 31, 2012, 03:25:53 PM
Feel-good story of the day: http://dvice.com/archives/2012/10/ethiopian-kids.php

Reminds me of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diamond_Age

From internet chatter, that was apparently one of the inspirations for this project to the degree that parts of it are named after parts of the book.

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on October 31, 2012, 03:41:15 PM
Feel-good story of the day: http://dvice.com/archives/2012/10/ethiopian-kids.php

From internet chatter, that was apparently one of the inspirations for this project to the degree that parts of it are named after parts of the book.

Holy shit!  :lol:

That is, indeed, freaky.

Barrister

It probably reminds you of it because it quotes a big section of The Diamond Age right in the article Jacob linked to. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Quote from: Barrister on October 31, 2012, 03:48:58 PMIt probably reminds you of it because it quotes a big section of The Diamond Age right in the article Jacob linked to. :contract:

Nah. That's probably not it.