News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Syt on August 27, 2012, 03:38:43 AM
Why do Japanese girls habitually make the V sign on pictures taken by them, btw?
Koreans do it too. It originates in the V for victory sign.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

I know that, but its prevalence seems a bit weird.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Its not just girls, its people too.
Once one gets into the habit of doing it it can be rather hard to stop....I have become all too aware of doing nothing with my hands and how weird that looks.
I remember reading it came from some Japanese skiier or somesuch back in the 70s?

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 27, 2012, 03:21:10 AM

Note the modesty of her attire, the traditional, unassuming hair cut, and the proximity to multiple cats.

Yes, this lady is assuredly the flower of her generation.

I surprisingly approve.
Though needs implants or something.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 27, 2012, 03:53:13 AM
  Bad, Bad Leroy Brown is so pleasant! It immediately calls to mind "Hard" culture and the self-destructive actions of Memphis's Chicago's coloured community,

:contract:

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

Chicago's blacks are mostly our own- they are merely on loan for the better part of a century now.

Quote from: Tyr on August 27, 2012, 04:06:39 AM
Its not just girls, its people too.
:lol:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

I'm going to have to figure out how to keep you sequestered to a single Lettow Fuckhead thread.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 25, 2012, 07:20:19 PM
Lusti: I tried out your gag at the boozer last night.  I got 4 hits (one a grand slam) and two strikeouts.

:thumbsup:

I did not have the chance to use those words, but I did put them to action a bit. :cheers:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2012, 03:54:06 AM
Why do Japanese girls habitually make the V sign on pictures taken by them, btw?

Despite the origin, I believe they use it in the context of "peace", not "victory".  Of course, in them WW2 days, it was the same thing.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 27, 2012, 04:54:28 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 27, 2012, 03:54:06 AM

Despite the origin, I believe they use it in the context of "peace", not "victory".  Of course, in them WW2 days, it was the same thing.
No, it still means victory here.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

It might be different in Korea vs Japan.

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on August 27, 2012, 02:21:26 AM
a spittoon for vile men to cast their lusts.

That's fucking hot.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on August 27, 2012, 03:28:41 AM
NATURAL WOOD BOX

I dunno why I found it so funny, but you made me laugh.  You're one of the good Germans. :hug:
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ed Anger

Every damn night, a damn skunk bombs the area near my bedroom windows.

I HEARBY DECLARE WAR ON SKUNKS. DEATH TO ALL SKUNKS.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive