News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Quote from: jimmy olsen on January 07, 2012, 07:56:03 AM
This song seems appropriate for several people her at Languish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jGcCYX3hgg

I saw him in concert in November! :w00t:
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Josephus

January 7. +7C and sunny. Driving with the windows rolled down. I love the Liberal Media for inventing this climate change thingie.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Grey Fox

It's nice isn't it? The weather that is.

I don't want to talk about climate change, that's boring.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

mongers

Almost hit the 60s today, bit odd for an early January afternoon.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2012, 01:00:25 PM

Yeah, it's 60ish yesterday and today here, too.  19 on Tuesday, 23 on Wednesday, 63 on Friday. And people wonder why the flu kills people.

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 07, 2012, 01:44:26 PM
Quote from: mongers on January 07, 2012, 01:00:25 PM

Yeah, it's 60ish yesterday and today here, too.  19 on Tuesday, 23 on Wednesday, 63 on Friday. And people wonder why the flu kills people.

Good grief that's some variation, it's almost like you've aquired British changeable weather. 

Admiral Yi

Really excellent article in the current Altantic on the economics of unskilled manufacturing labor in the US, through an examination of a company that makes car parts for the after market.

Zanza

ARTE (German-French culture TV) shows a film on Frederick the Great. They casted two women to play him.  :hmm:

mongers

Quote from: Zanza on January 07, 2012, 02:20:08 PM
ARTE (German-French culture TV) shows a film on Frederick the Great. They casted two women to play him.  :hmm:

:cool:

Does he have lesbian sex with himself ?

Zanza

Well, let's just say that Marty would agree with the way Frederick's relationship to Katte and de Catt is represented...

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 07, 2012, 02:08:47 PM
Really excellent article in the current Altantic on the economics of unskilled manufacturing labor in the US, through an examination of a company that makes car parts for the after market.

There's a blank pages joke I wanted to make but then you went and said what the article focused on.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on January 07, 2012, 03:32:53 PM
There's a blank pages joke I wanted to make but then you went and said what the article focused on.

wut?

garbon

I've signed up for a writing night-class that meets near my apt for 10 weeks.

For some unknown reason, the first version of this post read "I've signed up for a translation". :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on January 09, 2012, 04:27:59 PM
I've signed up for a writing night-class that meets near my apt for 10 weeks.

For some unknown reason, the first version of this post read "I've signed up for a translation". :unsure:

I hope it's a writing-on-your-Kindle class.  USE A REAL COMPUTER. :P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)