News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: sbr on August 09, 2011, 08:05:11 PM
My mom was too cheap for that good stuff, we had to freeze Kool-Aid in these stupid things

My mom did the same thing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 09, 2011, 07:29:14 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 05:34:39 PM
It is 85 degrees inside my house.  My shirt is soaked and I have a headache.

I wonder if this violates the implied warranty of habitability.  I don't feel like giving notice to these fucks.

85? pussy. You kids these days. In the 70's we survived on box fans.

Korea repeatedly used the only fan I own at night in winter, even after I asked her not to, usually turning it on after I'd gone to sleep.

That fan is no longer, strictly speaking, functional.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

sbr

Quote from: Razgovory on August 09, 2011, 08:10:12 PM
My mom was too cheap for that good stuff, we had to freeze Kool-Aid in these stupid things

Must be a Missouri thing.

ulmont

Quote from: sbr on August 09, 2011, 08:14:42 PM

Nah, we had those same popsicle molds in South Georgia.  Although we did also occasionally have the flav-o-ice.

Razgovory

We usually used the flavor ice.  Since it was much better.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

We used them too out in Cali.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2011, 01:06:12 PM
On the 15th of November, I will be in Vienna for a Flogging Molly concert. Just so you know.

I think Flogging Molly is vastly overrated.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Barrister

Quote from: ulmont on August 09, 2011, 08:21:06 PM
Quote from: sbr on August 09, 2011, 08:14:42 PM

Nah, we had those same popsicle molds in South Georgia.  Although we did also occasionally have the flav-o-ice.

I think it's a tupperware thing.  I think we had the same in Canada.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

11B4V

Ditto, I havent seen those in ages. :lmfao:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Syt

We had those, too, because we were poor. Frozen orange juice does not good ice cream make. :(
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on August 09, 2011, 10:20:45 PM
Quote from: Tamas on August 09, 2011, 01:06:12 PM
On the 15th of November, I will be in Vienna for a Flogging Molly concert. Just so you know.

I think Flogging Molly is vastly overrated.

I like them. :)

Syt

Which is your prerogative. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

CountDeMoney

QuoteHold Your Cat Correctly
By The Daily Cat experts

You're good to be concerned, as cats can feel pain when picked up the wrong way. Some very docile cats may tolerate the pain, but the last thing you and other thoughtful owners want to do is to hurt the cat.

One myth is that it's OK to pick up a cat by the scruff of its neck. Mother cats do that safely with their kittens, but it requires a special touch. Veterinarians sometimes use a similar technique. However, they are trained to lift a cat in such a manner.

The Humane Society advises that you approach the cat from either its left or right side, since most cats feel threatened when you come at them head-on. Place one hand under the "armpits" of the front legs and lift. As you do so, use your other hand to scoop up the cat from underneath. This second hand should act as a firm cradle support.

If you do this properly, the lift is like giving your cat a big, safe bear hug. Cats that are used to the treatment will probably approach you in the future, hoping for the positive attention again.

The Larch

Trolling skinheads at their own turf. Now that needs some serious guts.

QuoteTrojan T-shirt targets German right-wing rock fans

Music fans who took souvenir T-shirts from a rock festival in Gera, eastern Germany, have discovered they hold a secret message.

The so-called Trojan T-shirts bore a design of a skull and right-wing flags and the words "hardcore rebels".

But, once washed, the design dissolves to reveal a message telling people to break with extremism.

Some 250 T-shirts were donated to organisers, who handed them out at the nationalist rock festival in Gera.

The stunt was organised by a left-wing group called Exit, which seeks to reduce the influence of the right-wing in Germany.

"What your T-shirt can do, so can you - we'll help you break with right-wing extremism," the message reads, and provides a contact number for the group.

On its website, Exit said it had made contact with the organisers of the Rock For Germany festival, in its ninth year, using a false name and had offered the T-shirts for free.

The group's founder, Bernd Wagner, said the group hoped its actions would raise awareness among young festival-goers.

"With these T-shirts, we aimed to make ourselves known among right-wingers, especially among young ones who are not yet fully committed to the extreme right," he said, according to the Agence France-Presse news agency.

The Rock For Germany festival had as its slogan "Never again communism - Freedom for Germany".

There was no official reaction from the festival's organisers but a text message was circulating among young people who attended warning them that the T-shirts were fake.

http://www.exit-deutschland.de/EXIT/Top-Themen/Operation-Trojaner-T-Hemd-E1285.htm

Before:

After: