News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Malthus on August 09, 2011, 03:06:47 PM
Indeed, participation in the last sorta precluded the possibility of the first.  ;)
Or second, for that matter.

Slargos

Quote from: Malthus on August 09, 2011, 03:06:47 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 02:59:03 PM
QuoteHere are just a few of the perks you will be offered upon joining our team:
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• STD, Life, and AD&D

I think that's the first time I've ever seen "STD" and "AD&D" in the same sentence.

Indeed, participation in the last sorta precluded the possibility of the first.  ;)

Because AD&D players are above-averagely careful about using condoms? :unsure:

Or perhaps because they, as a race, are more resistant to disease?  :hmm:

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 09, 2011, 03:07:23 PM
Someone needs to join the Military.

I'm actually looking at the USAF site now.  It's rather obtusely designed.  Apparently rapid dominance requires a lot of Adobe Flash.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 03:19:14 PM

I'm actually looking at the USAF site now.  It's rather obtusely designed.  Apparently rapid dominance requires a lot of Adobe Flash.

Careful Ide, you're beginning to sound like Shame with his "many careers." :lol:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I think it's a design choice by all the makers of military website. It must suck.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on August 09, 2011, 03:20:47 PM

Careful Ide, you're beginning to sound like Shame with his "many careers." :lol:

Well, I was looking at the the JAG office (ha ha, JAG office).  It's more competitive than I thought.  They say they only hire about 120 a year, and given the economy and number of law school grads (and experienced lawyers who have lost jobs or are just sick of the shit), I don't think I would make the cut, even ignoring the fact I'm not admitted to any bar.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Malthus

Quote from: Slargos on August 09, 2011, 03:14:44 PM

It's a reaction to experience.

Knowing about "saving throws" leads to increased condom use.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

There's always a director/manager/bossman that doesn't want to deal with any drama & wants to hire a virgin.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

Barrister

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 03:22:23 PM

Well, I was looking at the the JAG office (ha ha, JAG office).  It's more competitive than I thought.  They say they only hire about 120 a year, and given the economy and number of law school grads (and experienced lawyers who have lost jobs or just sick of the shit), I don't think I would make the cut, even ignoring the fact I'm not admitted to any bar.

I looked into it here a couple of times.  I don't know how useful my information is, but I found it was indeed very competitive, and they do not hire people right out of law school.  Ironically my years of Crown experience would make me a good candidate now. :unsure:

And Ide - what's stopping you from being admitted to the bar?  Seems like that would help you out a lot.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on August 09, 2011, 03:23:17 PM

i'd think knowing above saving throws leeds to decreased condom need :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on August 09, 2011, 03:26:22 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 03:22:23 PM

Well, I was looking at the the JAG office (ha ha, JAG office).  It's more competitive than I thought.  They say they only hire about 120 a year, and given the economy and number of law school grads (and experienced lawyers who have lost jobs or just sick of the shit), I don't think I would make the cut, even ignoring the fact I'm not admitted to any bar.

I looked into it here a couple of times.  I don't know how useful my information is, but I found it was indeed very competitive, and they do not hire people right out of law school.  Ironically my years of Crown experience would make me a good candidate now. :unsure:

And Ide - what's stopping you from being admitted to the bar?  Seems like that would help you out a lot.

May I answer this in TBR?
Kinemalogue

ulmont

Quote from: Ideologue on August 09, 2011, 03:39:19 PM
Quote from: Barrister on August 09, 2011, 03:26:22 PM

May I answer this in TBR?

Probably wise.  Otherwise I'm going to start speculating in the open.

Slargos

Quote from: HVC on August 09, 2011, 03:28:52 PM
Quote from: Malthus on August 09, 2011, 03:23:17 PM

i'd think knowing above saving throws leeds to decreased condom need :P

Because peoplewho know about saving throws are more likely to be in steady, monogamous relationships and test themselves regularly? :unsure: