News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Caliga on March 31, 2011, 03:17:29 PM
I don't really like liars.  Especially not when they lie to me in an interview when they're supposed to be on their best behavior. :)
Sorry about that, I really didn't think you would check up on my claim about 8 inches.

Josquius

Quote from: Caliga on March 31, 2011, 03:17:29 PM
I don't really like liars.  Especially not when they lie to me in an interview when they're supposed to be on their best behavior. :)
If I tell the truth I certainly won't get the job, lying is the way. :p
██████
██████
██████

Slargos

You should tell them you like handling other people's money since it doesn't feel real to you. A bit like monopoly money.

Wear a monocle to the interview.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

jamesww

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 31, 2011, 01:24:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 31, 2011, 01:04:34 PM
Okay, I'll bite.  What is the map suppose to be.

The US loses the revolution and Russia conquers lots of east asians and turns black?
Albany conference partially succeeds. The Colonies form confederations under the British crown. The late 40s sees the Tidewater Commonwealth, the Carolina Confederation and the Confederation of Louisiana secede over slavery and while Britain's back is turned during the ensuing civil war, Europe engages in an orgy of war and revolution, both liberal and nationalist.

After the civil war United Empire Loyalist who've taken power clamor for complete integration, a United Empire of Great Britain and America. The technology to govern it is there and their bonds have been forged in blood.

Russia turning black indicates a fascist revolutionary party has taken power. In Germany, it was Syndicalist Nationalists who united the country and waged a stalemated war with western Europe.

EDIT: Years are 1800, 1845 antebellum, 1860, 1905, 1940 postwar.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Liep

A few rules that newspapers should consider when trying to write an April's Fool article.

1) Don't publish it April 1st at 00.01
2) Have more than a late night shift editor read it over.
3) It's not required. If you can't think of anything good, don't.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 31, 2011, 05:47:48 PM
After the civil war United Empire Loyalist who've taken power clamor for complete integration, a United Empire of Great Britain and America. The technology to govern it is there and their bonds have been forged in blood.
That's just crazy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Neil on March 31, 2011, 08:35:34 PM
That's just crazy.
There've been far crazier revolutions in history. Viva la revolution! :cool:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Larch

Quote from: Neil on March 31, 2011, 08:35:34 PM
That's just crazy.

Only that?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

I noticed the 1911 thing yesterday. You can press it to make any video weird. Whats with that?
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

It's an April Fool's gag.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Just learned that Brazil (or as the natives like to say, "Braziw") recently passed France and the UK to become the world's 5th largest economy.  Had no idea.