News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Oftentimes companies use staffing agencies as a screening mechanism, so they don't get inundated with calls/emails/walk-ins.  The agency is the first hurdle the candidate has to clear and hopefully eliminates crazies/people with fake resumes from the candidate pool.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Ugh, places like Manpower. Woof. Talk about shitty employees.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 05, 2011, 11:36:40 PM
Nice.  How is the 522 to shoot?  Smooth-like?
I just mounted a Weaver rail on the upper guard.  Took about 10 minutes, but wasn't possible to do solely by hand as there's this dumb star screw holding the gas block assembly in place.  Once that was out, the guard came right off.

My tactical light looks totally badass mounted on the rail, but something's wrong with it and it won't come on.  :(  Hopefully it's just bad batteries, tho.  I have a tactical laser I can mount on the rail too.  I'll probably try that one later.  Either way my gun case won't close with shit mounted on the side rail though, which kinda sucks... only takes about five seconds to screw an accessory on, but still annoying.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadImmortalMan

I don't like programming at all. Luckily, I'm good at databases. Everyone needs DBAs too.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Razgovory

Well, I remembered my old password.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Admiral Yi

I was leafing through the NYT book review while shoveling Singapore Chow Mei Fun and came across something funky in a review of a book about nuclear holocaust: the author of the review claims the World Court recently found that "the system of nuclear deterrence constitutes a war crime."   :huh:

Less strange, but still kind of puzzling, was a mention of "a very senior British diplomatic official" who told The Spectator that the world came very close to armaggedon after the Israeli strike on the Syrian reactor. :huh:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2011, 06:59:16 PM
I was leafing through the NYT book review while shoveling Singapore Chow Mei Fun and came across something funky in a review of a book about nuclear holocaust: the author of the review claims the World Court recently found that "the system of nuclear deterrence constitutes a war crime."   :huh:

Less strange, but still kind of puzzling, was a mention of "a very senior British diplomatic official" who told The Spectator that the world came very close to armaggedon after the Israeli strike on the Syrian reactor. :huh:
Who was going to launch this armaggedon? The Russians?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 06, 2011, 07:49:33 PM
Who was going to launch this armaggedon? The Russians?
Beats me.

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2011, 06:59:16 PM
They would be wrong.  The ICJ says that there is no law against it.
QuoteLess strange, but still kind of puzzling, was a mention of "a very senior British diplomatic official" who told The Spectator that the world came very close to armaggedon after the Israeli strike on the Syrian reactor. :huh:
I am less than shocked that some jittery mandarin overstated matters in order to make his life seem interesting or exciting.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 06, 2011, 04:55:02 PM
I don't like programming at all. Luckily, I'm good at databases. Everyone needs DBAs too.

And, of course, there are some of us who are trying to hedge our bets by becoming good at both. :P
Experience bij!

DGuller

Quote from: DontSayBanana on March 06, 2011, 09:58:29 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 06, 2011, 04:55:02 PM

And, of course, there are some of us who are trying to hedge our bets by becoming good at both. :P
What are you not trying to become? :unsure:

Eddie Teach

A woman. Well, hopefully.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DGuller on March 06, 2011, 09:59:34 PM
What are you not trying to become? :unsure:

My natural inclination is toward database administration, but I'm trying to hone my programming skills as well.
Experience bij!

Josquius

██████
██████
██████