News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 11, 2010, 02:37:03 AM
I'm trying to teach my students to respond to "How are you?" with something other than "I'm fine, thank you. And you?"

We shall see how successful I am.
"Fair to middlin'."

"Rock solid baby."

Stylin' and profilin'."

"Copasetic."

Razgovory

Quote from: Tyr on March 11, 2010, 06:02:43 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 10, 2010, 11:03:21 PM
Quote from: Tyr on March 10, 2010, 03:41:58 PM
Ugh, for Swedish class I have to buy some book that costs £30.
And its not even a particularly big book <_<
That's like $60 something right? Not that bad at all for a college textbook.
Those things are normally phonebook sized and on very obscure subjects though.
This one is just a book on Swedish, you'd expect lots of people to buy it. And as said its very thin

And often they aren't!  They are text book sized and on subjects like "American History", "Trigonometry", or "Introduction into Zoology".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

ulmont

Quote from: Jaron on March 11, 2010, 07:56:49 PM
YUCK!

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/03/08/police-woman-crashes-car-while-shaving-bikini-area/19387991/

The best part of that story:  she was driving with her ex-husband in the car to meet her boyfriend while shaving her crotch.  WTF?

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

The female comedian who teaches the class I'm taking told me today that I'm very humorous and witty. :o ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Quote from: garbon on March 12, 2010, 12:40:22 AM
The female comedian who teaches the class I'm taking told me today that I'm very humorous and witty. :o ^_^

What kind of class does a comedian teach?  Is it a comedy class or is she moonlighting?

garbon

Quote from: sbr on March 12, 2010, 01:32:26 AM
What kind of class does a comedian teach?  Is it a comedy class or is she moonlighting?

Queer Creative Process. We do discuss comedy a bit and it is on my midterm.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

HisMajestyBOB

Four classes on Thursday and four on Friday (2 in the afternoon) are going to drive me to kill myself. Or my students.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 12, 2010, 01:45:11 AM
Four classes on Thursday and four on Friday (2 in the afternoon) are going to drive me to kill myself. Or my students.
Wimp.

My schedule is 3,5,4,5,4 for at total of 21 classes.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 11, 2010, 03:01:25 AM
Camel Blue? <_<

Also, 6.75 for my favorite cancer agent? :yucky:

I switched to American Spirits.  They're more expensive, but because they have no additives they don't smell as bad, have any aftertaste at ll and burn much longer.  If you have the means, I highly recommend them.

Monoriu

I received more than 120 emails at work today.  That should be a new record.  I sent over 40 myself. 

Josquius

Quote from: Monoriu on March 12, 2010, 08:21:23 AM
I received more than 120 emails at work today.  That should be a new record.  I sent over 40 myself. 
The civil service doing something is a bad sign.
██████
██████
██████