The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Central Asia never disappoints.

https://twitter.com/Peter__Leonard/status/1506738828043816964

QuotePeter Leonard
@Peter__Leonard
Seamless transition to adulation of Turkmenistan's new president: Clerics pray in front of his giant portrait before proceeding with Busby Berkeley routine-style sowing and dances

Josquius

So. Who is hotter?

And I wonder how an updated version would be different.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

The Larch

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Eddie Teach

Those are all the same dude.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 22, 2022, 12:59:35 PMI worked an espresso machine when I was a waiter, it's not rocket science.

First you need espresso ground coffee, which I don't know where to get, or a home espresso grinder, which I don't know where to get.

Hook up water or pour it in, plug in the electricity, fill the doohickey that has a handle with coffee grounds, push the start button, out comes espresso.

I was never very good at foaming the milk for cappucino.  Don't know if it was me or the machine.
I have an espresso machine (a Breville) but you know what, it's easier for me to make my flat whites with a Nespresso machine and with milk I microwave till hot and then just foam up with a little handheld foam wand.  Not exactly as good, but like one tenth of the effort.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

merithyn

Quote from: merithyn on March 22, 2022, 12:08:52 PMI bought an espresso machine today. :ph34r: I have zero idea how to use it.

Suggestions so I don't royally fuck it up? :unsure:

I made a latte yesterday and a double Americano this morning. I consider both a success! Not quite Starbucks quality, but definitely drinkable. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

Quote from: merithyn on March 25, 2022, 09:02:57 AM
Quote from: merithyn on March 22, 2022, 12:08:52 PMI bought an espresso machine today. :ph34r: I have zero idea how to use it.

Suggestions so I don't royally fuck it up? :unsure:

I made a latte yesterday and a double Americano this morning. I consider both a success! Not quite Starbucks quality, but definitely drinkable. :)

:cheers:

Getting ours turned me into a bit of a double Americano addict - too easy to make and just soooo good.  :)

Tamas

The Guardian likes to rally against Saud Arabia's war on Yemen (and the indirect British blame they place on it due to weapon sales). I wonder if this is related to why they haven't yet covered this Yemeni strike on that refinery in Saud Arabia.

Josquius

Today I learned, the Bible passage about man should not lie with man actually says man should not lie with young boys.

So less don't be gay and more don't be a paedophile.

Interesting considering how common that attack line always was. Didn't realise it had this link.

https://www.forgeonline.org/blog/2019/3/8/what-about-romans-124-27
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on March 25, 2022, 10:54:39 AMToday I learned, the Bible passage about man should not lie with man actually says man should not lie with young boys.

So less don't be gay and more don't be a paedophile.

Interesting considering how common that attack line always was. Didn't realise it had this link.

https://www.forgeonline.org/blog/2019/3/8/what-about-romans-124-27

So I'm open to the argument, but it's a funny way of making it.

The guy goes through all these early translations of the Bible from the 1400s and 1500s and points out they translate the word "arsenokoitai" as 'boy molesters'.

But that seems like it is just dancing around the question - what is the best translation for "arsenokoitai"?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Koitai is fish-focused hentai. Arseno probably means Arsenio.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

It seems the word was made up by Paul.  It is open to interpretation what he meant.

The main question is why anyone would base their sexual morality on what Paul said?