News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 25, 2021, 02:30:38 PM
:lol: Thank you - but I am not one of the beautiful ones (though I was once in a book group with a member of Suede).
You really do live the London life presented in NME circa 2006 don't you? :wub:
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 25, 2021, 02:30:38 PM
:lol: Thank you - but I am not one of the beautiful ones (though I was once in a book group with a member of Suede).

If you aren't the rest of us are in trouble :lol:

But maybe you have gotten uglier since your last pic on Languish.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Zanza

Germany's Constitutional Court issued a temporary injunction against the President to stop him signing the German law to implement the European Union Corona relief fund. No rationale so far, will be provided "later", so it is unclear what exactly the judges see as potentially unconstitutional.

That's a very rare thing to issue an injunction against the President. They must see a risk of non-recoverable damage.

They barely allowed German participation in the Euro bailouts. But this new fund is both bigger and arguably a step towards fiscal union.

Sheilbh

The UK competition authority has raised concerns (and now need solutions) about Facebook's purchase of Giphy:
QuoteCompetition & Markets Authority
@CMAgovUK
We've found that Facebook's completed purchase of Giphy raises competition concerns in relation to digital advertising and the supply of GIFs.

Read more: http://ow.ly/aqay50E88d7

Finally a regulator concerned with the supply of GIFs :w00t:
Let's bomb Russia!

FunkMonk

We must not allow a GIF gap.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

chipwich

Why was it necessary to besiege Petersburg to expose Richmond instead of just besieging Richmond?

Valmy

Quote from: chipwich on March 27, 2021, 11:28:03 PM
Why was it necessary to besiege Petersburg to expose Richmond instead of just besieging Richmond?

Well the Confederate Armies kept getting in the way. The constant outflanking maneuvers of the Union had them end up South of Richmond at Petersburg.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Quote from: chipwich on March 27, 2021, 11:28:03 PM

Because the rail lines running south and southwest out of Petersburg were relatively exposed to a flanking movement.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Admiral Yi

:bleeding:

Everything you guys touch gets corrupted.

Syt

I had a quick listen through the contestants this year. I hate significantly fewer songs than usual. :P Surprised that Russia sends a singer who campaigned against domestic violence and support LGBT rights. :unsure:

Rather enjoyed Italy, Malta, Ukraine, Portugal, Netherlands, Romania, Belgium, and Finland (this sounds like it could have been a WWE entrance theme ca. 1999 :lol: ).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Grey Fox

Is the actual show has much fun to watch then the Netflix movie makes it look like?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.