News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

QuoteThe flop is just a term for throw down/open the hand, the turn was a phrase meaning to take a drink (liquid courage when playing for a big pot), and the river is the make or break card that can send you down the river if you lose.

In case anyone else was wondering.

Josephus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 06, 2021, 02:13:48 PM
Perpetual stalemate.

Well it is based primarily on WW1 era battle.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

celedhring

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 07, 2021, 02:03:26 AM
QuoteThe flop is just a term for throw down/open the hand, the turn was a phrase meaning to take a drink (liquid courage when playing for a big pot), and the river is the make or break card that can send you down the river if you lose.

In case anyone else was wondering.

I wasn't, but random fun knowledge is always appreciated.  :)

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Spanish literature: You will die

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Josephus

Canadian lit:

You will die frozen in the snow
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Zanza

In Germany, the number of registered Trabant cars (38.000) was higher than Tesla cars (34.000) at the start of 2021.  :hmm:

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Zanza on March 08, 2021, 06:42:14 AM
In Germany, the number of registered Trabant cars (38.000) was higher than Tesla cars (34.000) at the start of 2021.  :hmm:

Ostalgie über alles!

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

Caliga

I watched that interview. :blush:

Accusing the royal family of being racist probably isn't going to end well, even though everyone with more than two brain cells to rub together already assumed that... :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

FunkMonk

How evil is the institution around the British royal family? Basic evil or super evil?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring