News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I see Kohl, Mitterand and Thatcher, but who's the guy on the right Mitterand is talking to?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Also:

I feel I'm missing context. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Syt on January 26, 2021, 08:08:47 AM
I see Kohl, Mitterand and Thatcher, but who's the guy on the right Mitterand is talking to?

Chirac, first cohabitation. It's a reference to the earlier UK rebate (pognon is a colloquial synonym of money) and/or perceived constant whingeing of the Brits/Maggie.

Syt

Ah, now I see it. :)

(I don't think I've seen him with glasses before?)
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

Quote from: Syt on January 26, 2021, 08:16:19 AM
Ah, now I see it. :)

(I don't think I've seen him with glasses before?)
It's weird how many French Presidents could have similar cartoons - I feel with not much changes Chirac could be turned into Hollande :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

garbon

Quote from: Syt on January 26, 2021, 08:11:34 AM
Also:

I feel I'm missing context. :unsure:

Looks like he moved to Austin from California and regretted it.

I have seen lately some opinion pieces about how California is over and people should move to places like Arizona and Texas.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

... truly the news the nation needs, I guess ...
—Stephen Jay Gould

Sheilbh

:lol: It reminds me of the annual Guardian column about moving from London to Bristol/Brighton/Manchester/the Peak District etc etc :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Nobody goes to California anymore, it's too crowded.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

PDH

Californians are finding that Texas isn't like California...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on January 26, 2021, 09:05:30 AM
Looks like he moved to Austin from California and regretted it.

I have seen lately some opinion pieces about how California is over and people should move to places like Arizona and Texas.

Yeah I have been hearing that since the 1970s or so. Somehow, despite everybody leaving, California keeps growing :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Arizona and Texas are also growing, as are most states.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Eddie Teach on January 26, 2021, 11:22:38 AM
Arizona and Texas are also growing, as are most states.

Most states have not been declared done along with the assertion everybody is leaving since the 1970s.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Josquius

I have heard good things of Austin I must say.
Though the prospect of living in a desert surrounded by gun nuts where you must drive to get anywhere says it certainly aint for me.
██████
██████
██████