News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savonarola

Can you say "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public?"

Sexy 'Mr. Rogers'-themed costume is released by lingerie retailer Yandy

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Malthus

Quote from: Savonarola on September 19, 2019, 01:33:10 PM
Can you say "No one ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public?"

The funny part is how very creepy this outfit would be, if worn by the actual Mr. Rogers.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Barrister

Quote from: Malthus on September 19, 2019, 02:09:04 PM

The funny part is how very creepy this outfit would be, if worn by the actual Mr. Rogers.  ;)

You mean by a 16-years-dead corpse?  Very creepy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on September 19, 2019, 02:11:15 PM

Now, don't go stealing my halloween costume idea ...  :lol:

Edit: no, I don't have any plans for a Liberal political career.  :P

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

More appropriate for Halloween though :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on September 19, 2019, 02:13:51 PM

Now, don't go stealing my halloween costume idea ...  :lol:

Edit: no, I don't have any plans for a Liberal political career.  :P

NDP?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

There's no way I would have guessed that outfit was supposed to be Mr. Rogers, even with the puppets.

derspiess

Yeah, you kinda get distracted by other stuff :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

Fred Rogers had a pretty good sense of humor about himself (he loved Eddie Murphy's SNL parody of his show), but I think that outfit might have been a bit much for him. :lol:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

I never realized he was so fit.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Please won't you be my neighbor  :perv:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HisMajestyBOB

Today I learned that my spare tire didn't have air, and that I can fill it with enough air using a bike pump. Not the way I wanted to spend Saturday morning.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

mongers

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on September 21, 2019, 04:08:34 PM
Today I learned that my spare tire didn't have air, and that I can fill it with enough air using a bike pump. Not the way I wanted to spend Saturday morning.

You did it the right way round, as it's a bad idea to try and pump up a bicycle tire with a gas station air line.  :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"