News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Sorry Raz :(

Hurt like hell when I had to do that with my cat a few years back.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

We put our dog down in the early spring, I posted about it here.  I still miss her.

I had thought we could enjoy being dog-less for awhile.  It's nice to be able to just go for a weekend and not worry about what to do with the dog.  The boys have started asking to get a puppy, but so far I've been refusing.

But over the course of the summer I keep getting these mounds of dirt in my yard.  Now I guess I must be slow on the uptake because I just realized these must be from gophers!  Our old dog Lucy did one catch a gopher, and she dug a couple holes in the back yard trying to get at the gophers, but I didn't have all these dirt mounds either.

So we may indeed have to get a new dog.  Anyone know what breeds are good at catching gophers?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

merithyn

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2019, 10:58:13 AM
Had to put my cat to sleep.  She had kidney failure and as a result she was starving to death.  We didn't notice because we were paying attention to the other cat who has cancer.  My cat lived to the age of 17.

:hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

dps

Quote from: Barrister on September 16, 2019, 12:40:55 PM
Anyone know what breeds are good at catching gophers?

Some type of terrier, I'd think.

Barrister

Quote from: dps on September 16, 2019, 03:04:14 PM

Yup - seems like that was exactly what terriers were bred for - going after burrowing animals.

Question is whether in this case the cure would be worse than the disease in terms of damage to my yard...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

PDH

Get a Finnish Spitz.  Your neighbors will love you.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

dps

TBH, when I think of Batman, I still think first of the 60s TV show.  Batman is Adam West, the Penguin is Burgess Meredith, the Joker is Caesar Romero, etc.  Except for Catwoman, 'cause the show kept changing who was Catwoman.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on September 16, 2019, 05:09:51 PM
TBH, when I think of Batman, I still think first of the 60s TV show.  Batman is Adam West, the Penguin is Burgess Meredith, the Joker is Caesar Romero, etc.  Except for Catwoman, 'cause the show kept changing who was Catwoman.

TBH, you're old.  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

dps

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 16, 2019, 07:03:03 PM
Quote from: dps on September 16, 2019, 05:09:51 PM

TBH, you're old.  :sleep:

Yeah, but mostly it's about preferring my comic book stuff to be fun, not darker and grittier.

derspiess

Quote from: dps on September 16, 2019, 03:04:14 PM

God Loves a Terrier.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

HVC

Dobermann's have terrier in them. just saying :whistle:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

Princess Kako of Japan is visiting Austria to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the two countries opening diplomatic relations.

She looks a bit like an anime character.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.