News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

I can do a way better F-16 than that :rolleyes:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

According to The Economist, 28% of US-Canada trade in goods crosses the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor Ontario by semi.

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2017, 02:19:43 PM
According to The Economist, 28% of US-Canada trade in goods crosses the Ambassador Bridge between Detroit and Windsor Ontario by semi.

:yes:

There's a reason why the Canadian government is paying 100% of the cost of building a second bridge (called the Gordie Howe Bridge) between Detroit and Windsor - including customs buildings and off-ramps on the US side.  It's just that important to the economy.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

The Brain

Quote from: Barrister on September 12, 2017, 03:57:45 PM

There's a reason why the Canadian government is paying 100% of the cost of building a second bridge (called the Gordie Howe Bridge) between Detroit and Windsor - including customs buildings and off-ramps on the US side.  It's just that important to the economy.

Canada = OCP?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Zanza

PRC

The guy who owns the Ambassador has done everything in his power to shut that second bridge down, smear campaigns, lawsuits... it's been a real slog to get it done.

Tonitrus

Quote from: The Brain on September 12, 2017, 04:00:26 PM

Canada = OCP?

Delt-eh? city?

Admiral Yi

It's weird that there's not a rail bridge there.

Tonitrus

Customs/inspections would have to work quite a bit differently for that.  Would probably need to be done at the railhead.

Maladict

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 12, 2017, 08:13:34 PM

It's weird that there's not a rail bridge there.

Isn't there a tunnel near that wonderful defunct station?
I can't believe it couldn't be brought back into service, the current station is such an embarrassing place.  :lol:

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tonitrus on September 12, 2017, 08:17:40 PM
Customs/inspections would have to work quite a bit differently for that.  Would probably need to be done at the railhead.

Those exists, custom is apparently a damn mess.

There's also a railroad crossing tunnel in Detroit/Windsor.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Shot an 84 today, new personal best.  :)

mongers

Looks like I'll be going to war against a section of the bureaucracy tomorrow.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Barrister

Quote from: mongers on September 13, 2017, 07:48:07 PM
Looks like I'll be going to war against a section of the bureaucracy tomorrow.  <_<

Remember the bureaucracy are people too. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.