██████
██████

The Brain

Florida will be white soon I fear.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Liep

In Tashkent they just made the biggest serving of plov, ever.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Josquius

Interesting fact I learned today.
We all know that ancient Roman statues were not blank stone but rather that they were painted.
We might also know that this was also common with medieval statues, for example in churches.

One curious thing however....is that a big reason it is so rare to find surviving paint on church statues is that in the 18th century proto-restorationists got it into their heads that the paint on these statues had all been the handiwork of earlier, stupider restoration jobs or vandals.
Active efforts were thus made in many places to remove all trace of paint from the statues.
██████
██████
██████

Ed Anger

Liep

One of the biggest and earliest line I've seen so far for the new Arena, mainly young teenagers. I guessed a Bieber concert but nope, it's for an award show for Youtubers. :mellow:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 08, 2017, 08:14:16 PM
Jerry Pournelle died.  :cry:

RIP.  He was about t=en years older than I had pictured him, though, if I had really thought about it, I'd have realized that he had to have been born in the early thirties to have befriended H. Beam Piper in the early fifties.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

celedhring

Ed Anger

I feel like total shit. All week I have felt like a truck hit me. I'm tired of this bullshit

CountDeMoney

Could be worse.  Could be bullshit + hurricane bullshit.

Monoriu

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 10, 2017, 06:59:22 PM
I feel like total shit. All week I have felt like a truck hit me. I'm tired of this bullshit

I just saw an anime where the protagonist was hit by a truck.  While his body was unharmed, his soul left his body.  Half of it changed places with another guy who was also hit by the truck, and the other half entered the body of a nearby cat through the anus. 

CountDeMoney

Maximus