News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Don't worry, I'm sure they duly beat him when he was ten.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

HVC

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 08, 2017, 08:57:18 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure they duly beat him when he was ten.

which post are you replying to, it works for both :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: HVC on January 08, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
you saying all black people are vampires? Racists.

You sure you're not thinking of Ham?  "The mark of Ham" was interpreted by some slavery apologists as mean black skin.  Never heard anything about Cain being black.

HVC

Quote from: Admiral Yi on January 08, 2017, 09:00:16 PM
Quote from: HVC on January 08, 2017, 08:55:03 PM
you saying all black people are vampires? Racists.

You sure you're not thinking of Ham?  "The mark of Ham" was interpreted by some slavery apologists as mean black skin.  Never heard anything about Cain being black.

I always thought it was the mark of cain. live and learn I suppose
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Monoriu on January 08, 2017, 08:34:55 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on January 07, 2017, 11:03:50 PM
Or shooting chinese midgets with a pistol in the head.

:shifty:

Stay out of my dreams.  :mad:

They are bad enough already.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on January 08, 2017, 09:01:06 PM
I always thought it was the mark of cain. live and learn I suppose

Everybody but Noah's family died so anybody with the mark of Cain was a goner.

Unless they were an immortal Antideluvian Vampire of course :P

Anyway Tim I thought Dracula swore his soul to Satan to beat back the Ottoman Turks and therefore became the first Vampire. But I forgot that White Wolf was Vampire Canon :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

AnchorClanker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 08, 2017, 07:22:40 PM
"Allah is the greatest," what, man?  Don't leave me hanging!

Er, not the best translation, nor best understood out of context.

"The (One) God is most powerful"

It is at once an assertion of the unity of the Godhead (also the source of Muslim unitarian monotheism) and also an assertion of the primacy of the (Monotheistic) Abrahamic faiths over the older forms of polytheism.

The King of Jordan (and the rightful Sharif of the Holy Places) sends his regards, CdM.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Delirium

Quote from: Valmy on January 08, 2017, 11:36:36 PM

Antediluvian = before the flood.  :contract:
Come writers and critics who prophesize with your pen, and keep your eyes wide the chance won't come again; but don't speak too soon for the wheel's still in spin, and there's no telling who that it's naming. For the loser now will be later to win, cause the times they are a-changin'. -- B Dylan

Syt

Quote from: Delirium on January 09, 2017, 03:57:43 AM
Quote from: Valmy on January 08, 2017, 11:36:36 PM

Antediluvian = before the flood.  :contract:

Maybe they're watershy. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

garbon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/labour/12136316/Sadiq-Khan-Zero-days-of-public-transport-strikes-if-I-am-elected-Mayor.html

The Telegraph gleeful to point out that as a candidate Sadiq Khan promised zero strike days of public transport if he were elected mayor. Now today massive chaos with strike across Central London.  So happy to be at home though a bit noisy outside with so many people wishing each other good mornings via their car horns.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

This strike is about Boris closing a bunch of manned ticket offices right?
Sucky luck for khan to inherit this amongst all the other messes.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on January 09, 2017, 04:39:27 AM
This strike is about Boris closing a bunch of manned ticket offices right?
Sucky luck for khan to inherit this amongst all the other messes.

Yeah, Khan hasn't had 6 months to try and sort this out. Course, he was busy expending political energy to save Fabric (nightclub). ;)

The unions have said the following regarding cutting manned ticket offices: "This action has been forced on us by savage cuts to jobs that have reduced London Underground to an under-staffed death trap."

Give me a break. :rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

We should take some tips off our European partners. When I was in Berlin last year the only manned office I ever found was at the Alexanderplatz and that was for information. All the other stations seemed to be unmanned, no annoying barriers either.