News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 21, 2016, 09:31:55 PM
http://www.stripes.com/military-life/military-history/sparsely-attended-normandy-museum-selling-its-d-day-tanks-1.424705

(note: their site registration sucks...using Chrome's incognito window will defeat it)

Ed needs to head back to the vacation home and pick up an oversized lawn tractor. 

I want a Dragon Wagon.  :(
Sad
██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

QuoteCover Letter Specifically Tailored To Company Even Sadder Than Generic Ones
NEWS IN BRIEF
August 23, 2016
Vol 52 Issue 33    Local · Workplace · Jobs

BEDMINSTER, NJ—Wincing noticeably as they read the applicant's claim that he has "always wanted to work for the leading midsize pharmaceutical advertising and brand strategy group in the tri-state area," sources at Percepta Healthcare Communications confirmed Tuesday that a cover letter specifically tailored to their company was much sadder than any of the generic ones they had received for a recently posted job opening. "Oh God, listen to this: 'The company's mission of optimizing multi-platform engagement through strategic and creative brand-centric marketing solutions really resonates with me'—boy, this poor guy really did some research," said senior account executive Melanie Bittle while shaking her head in pity for the job candidate, whose proclaimed admiration for the firm's 2014 Med Ad News Agency Of The Year award made his application significantly more depressing than any of the vaguely worded and nondescript ones that were submitted for the entry-level copywriter position. "Look, he references three separate campaigns we've worked on, and here he even mentions our vice president by name. Jesus, this is so much more pathetic than all the regular copy-and-pasted cover letters we got, half of which weren't even addressed correctly." At press time, Percepta staffers were reportedly struggling to read through an absolutely heartbreaking follow-up email sent by the applicant stating that he was "still very much interested in the position" and "really looking forward to hearing back soon."

:lol:

:unsure:

:cry:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Hamilcar

garbon

Continuing my great streak, my flight is delayed...

Also either city airport has their metal detector turned way up or I'm crying foul. I've two rings on and I 'set off' the detector. Good to know I've no bomb residue on my hands! :o
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

garbon

Cheap. Was about half the price of standard rail ticket to Edinburgh.

I would say though that yeah when it makes sense I won't mind flying out of City airport. Easier to get to and less crowded.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: Hamilcar on August 25, 2016, 12:32:34 AM
Martin Shkreli discusses tragedy of Harambe on TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rWA3thlVws&feature=youtu.be

:lol:

The best part is that these "journalists" have a job that makes them do that. Like gawker, we should string them high.

But yeah he is trolling them like a shitlord. :D

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on August 25, 2016, 03:03:16 AM
Continuing my great streak, my flight is delayed...

Also either city airport has their metal detector turned way up or I'm crying foul. I've two rings on and I 'set off' the detector. Good to know I've no bomb residue on my hands! :o
I've been frisked everytime I get a flight from Italy and only Italy*. I always assume they just fancy me :P

*Weirdly I was pulled over by customs in the UK when I free back from Greece :mellow2
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Also City is great. Hidden gem, Southend Airport.
Let's bomb Russia!

Josquius

Why does the word garnish mean to add something to food but legally to take money away? :hmm:
██████
██████
██████