News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 27, 2016, 05:36:12 PM
Spent an ungodly amount of time this evening looking at holiday cottages in Scotland and soft furnishings.

I'm a young man for God's sake! :weep: :lol:

Of course you are, dear. :console:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

So stores are starting to put their Halloween shit out.  Who the hell buys Halloween stuff this early?  Old ladies?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on July 28, 2016, 12:43:45 PM
So stores are starting to put their Halloween shit out.  Who the hell buys Halloween stuff this early?  Old ladies?

I'm guessing they have to put *something* in the seasonal aisle.

Ed Anger

I might drag my Christmas Tree out of storage. It'll take me 4 months to untangle the lights.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Savonarola

When I was young I had a great deal of confusion between left and right.  I could never figure out which was which until I was well into grade school.  This morning I thought that had returned as there was a baseball game on at the gym and everything looked wrong; until I realized I was looking at the television in a mirror.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 28, 2016, 05:52:57 PM

I might drag my Christmas Tree out of storage. It'll take me 4 months to untangle the lights.

Pre-lit trees FTW.

The Brain

Pre-Raphaelit trees FTW.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Savonarola

Things were a little cheaper back in 1960.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

derspiess

Yeah, even adjusting for inflation that's damned cheap.  But what is he going to drink?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

crazy canuck

Didnt have much to do at work today so I came home, went to the beach with J, swam in the ocean for about an hour, went from there to our favourite outdoor lunch place, had a great meal, now its nap time on the hammock.   I love four day long weekends  :)

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 29, 2016, 05:28:10 PM
Didnt have much to do at work today so I came home, went to the beach with J, swam in the ocean for about an hour, went from there to our favourite outdoor lunch place, had a great meal, now its nap time on the hammock.   I love four day long weekends  :)

Jealous. I just had to roll out "yeah, we'll have to work through the weekend" to my team :(

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

That's awesome.  :lol:

No doubt written by a senior digital correspondent.

DGuller

:hmm: The gun is the length of a toothbrush?  If he's talking about travel-size toothbrushes, he should specify that to avoid confusing his readers.