News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

On every street corner, interrupted only by Tony Leung and Maggie Cheung glancing longingly at each other.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

My impression of Hong Kong is from Blood Sport and the novel Taipan.

Syt

For me: A Better Tomorrow.

And the Mad Mission movies. :P

(It's zany comedies :P )
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Legbiter

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 17, 2024, 11:24:01 AMHave you ever considered the possibility that your ancestors picked an uninhabitable piece of land?

Free lava to power our magma smelting industries.  :sleep:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

FunkMonk

Streets saying the king is dead
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HVC

Waited all this time for just over a year. If true. Could also be Kate.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

You know your family has health issues when the omens are pointing to a death, but there are too many obvious candidates as to who that could be.

Josquius

An observation made when looking at a flower planter containing some small trees.
THE difference between the UK and the continent.

The continent is covered in graffiti. Every surface in every city will be tagged to infinity.
The flower planter is no exception.

The UK? If it is breakable it will be broken. Our little toerags don't bother with tagging when they can just smash.
The planter will be OK but it won't have any plants in it more than a season or two old.
██████
██████
██████

Legbiter

This new eruption seems to have settled into a different rhythm compared to the last 3. Has consolidated into a neat crater row and doesn't seem inclined to stop just yet. The last 3 went all out in the beginning but quickly petered out with a day or 2 at most. :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Stockholm has been named the world's most dangerous city, right after Montreal. ;)

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Sheilbh

Minor furore here as the Guardian got a membership list for the Garrick Club and discovered it's full of establishment figures, despite being male only (interestingly that it's old school estabishment too - only 10 MPs, but over 100 KCs, multiple judges, head of MI6, senior civil servants, head of various arts quangos and "independent" quasi-state bodies etc). But it did prompt this perfect response :lol:

Edit: I can only suspect that's someone who has annoyed the subs :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

HVC

Alibi homonym for a name does seem like a problem trying to get into a private club. Sounds made up lol
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

220 years ago today, the Duke of Enghien is executed and/or murdered ( :P ).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.