News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Random fun map. Spain's top long and medium distance rail lines (millions of travellers/year)

Duque de Bragança

Map sucks, no mention of Zamora the Crossroads of the World.  :thumbsdown:

High-speed line from Madrid goes beyond Zamora, up to Sanabria/Seabra but has not reached Ourense yet.

celedhring

Happy Easter, languish!

Today we're going to have the first full family gathering (still only 6 people, there isn't that many of us) since Christmas.

Razgovory

Ate a nice Easter Ham, just as Christ did immediately after leaving his tomb.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Hamilcar memorial post. :P

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

For some reason, US house construction is on the minds of many Russians wanting to feel superior to Americans.  "We're not dumb enough to build a house from wood, we're not stupidly cheap.". I have no idea where this oddly specific source of scorn originated, but it's almost on the level of geography knowledge line.

FunkMonk

Western wood house weak. Strong Russian house made of bone of bear.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

celedhring

I've confirmed it via Google Maps  :D

Quoteᴇᴀʀᴛʜ ᴇᴀᴛᴇʀ
@D1C0MM
The Department of Fisheries in Hyderabad, India

Sheilbh

I LOVE buildings shaped like things :wub:

It is something that seems to be pretty big in India and China and I think we're really missing out on this in Europe :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Legbiter

A new, larger, fissure very suddenly opened up just right now and is spewing lava every which way. The entire area is being hastily evacuated.

The new fissure is on the left, the old eruption site on the right had just about managed to fill in the valley.

The new fissure is roughly around half a mile in length or so.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

celedhring

The king of Spain has accepted the offer from the regional government of Castilla-León to preside over the celebrations marking 500 years of the Comuneros revolt. Which was a revolt against the king.  :hmm:

Valmy

A Bourbon would be delighted to celebrate a revolt against Habsburgs.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

For a while I kept getting scam calls where the speaker would ask for "Susan" and upon hearing that I am not Susan they start rambling on about something where I give them money.  I got another one recently:

"Hello, Is Susain there?"

"Um, yeah... Why"

"Could I speak to her?"

"you want to speak to Susan?"

"yeah"

"Okay, let me go get her.  Keep in mind that she's a little shy and also a cat.  Here you go"

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

My name is not Susan so watch what you say? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Larch

Quote from: celedhring on April 05, 2021, 11:10:49 AM
The king of Spain has accepted the offer from the regional government of Castilla-León to preside over the celebrations marking 500 years of the Comuneros revolt. Which was a revolt against the king.  :hmm:

Which means it's kind of a pointless celebration, then.