News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

It took a year, but parts 2 and 3 of my favourite presentation on Midway are finally up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXjydKPcX60
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHO6xrSF7Sw

Sheilbh

Reports from Russia that Lukashenko's family have landed in Turkey.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Someone shot a US army Helicopter in Virginia.  One of the two pilots was injured.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Tonitrus

Quote from: Razgovory on August 12, 2020, 02:43:53 PM
Someone shot a US army Air Force Helicopter in Virginia.  One of the two pilots was injured.

Fixed.  :sleep:

Valmy

Who the hell would shoot at a helicopter?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on August 12, 2020, 03:28:00 PM

My guess is a police officer who thought he saw it brandish a gun.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: alfred russel on August 12, 2020, 03:29:11 PM

Must have been a Blackhawk
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

merithyn

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on August 12, 2020, 03:38:28 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on August 12, 2020, 03:29:11 PM

Must have been a Blackhawk

:pinch: :lol:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Josquius

I've noticed something.
Everytime I drink Budweiser. Even if its just a single mini bottle.
Without fail I will get a hangover.
With better beers, even stella, the same does not apply.

I've become pretty week with alcohol in general in recent years, but with bud in particular even one will do the trick. Its very curious, I wonder what special shitty ingredient is in there to cause this.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Assuming it is American Budweiser then it has rice as one of its major ingredients, so not even a beer according to the German regulations.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Richard Hakluyt

Yeah; to be fair I think the German laws are too strict.........though Budweiser is still horrible. I started wondering if any of the smaller American brewers (many of them make great beer) used rice or corn and found this :

https://www.marinij.com/2019/02/12/now-appearing-in-craft-beer-near-you-rice-and-corn/

Sheilbh

Seeing big and prestigious state-run factories in Belarus going on strike. Including one hilarious video where the boss is telling workers that Lukashenko has won the election - someone shouts "stand up if you voted for Tsikhanouskaya" and everyone in the room stands up :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on August 13, 2020, 04:55:00 AM
Yeah; to be fair I think the German laws are too strict.........though Budweiser is still horrible. I started wondering if any of the smaller American brewers (many of them make great beer) used rice or corn and found this :

https://www.marinij.com/2019/02/12/now-appearing-in-craft-beer-near-you-rice-and-corn/

Yeah, that's not really catching on for the most part.  They're only doing it for certain specialty beers.  Dogfish has their Chicha beer, but they do all kinds of crazy things with that series.

99% of craft brewed beer is going to be from barley, which wheat or oats occasionally thrown in.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

No biggie-- I'm sure it had insurance.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall