Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Eddie Teach on February 22, 2018, 03:06:52 PM
Malthus disdains his Waspish roots.

Meh - Malthus is now Ukrainian-by-marriage anyways. :hug:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on February 22, 2018, 02:21:10 PM
I thought Judaism is Matrilineal.
It is.  But the birth parents of the 'false' Jew were both Irish Catholics.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on February 23, 2018, 10:09:42 AM

Aha! Back to the Orthodox Rabbis having a field day with this interesting problem.  :D

See for example:

https://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/13291/are-children-adopted-by-jews-jewish
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

HVC

Quote from: Malthus on February 23, 2018, 10:36:41 AM
Quote from: Caliga on February 23, 2018, 10:09:42 AM

Aha! Back to the Orthodox Rabbis having a field day with this interesting problem.  :D

See for example:

https://judaism.stackexchange.com/questions/13291/are-children-adopted-by-jews-jewish

Reading the answers and got to this

QuoteAfter that affirmation, he is 100% and irreversibly Jewish.

which sounds ominous :lol:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

DGuller

Don't they have surgeries to reverse that these days?

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on February 23, 2018, 12:57:05 PM
Don't they have surgeries to reverse that these days?

In PiS controlled Poland they do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

alfred russel

Last night, I met an Israeli guy. I mentioned that I had been to Israel and thought it was amazing. He said that a lot of people that go to Israel for birthright are deeply moved. I told him I'm not jewish, and only went because I was looking for a place to go and flights to Israel were deeply discounted. He replied, "are you sure you aren't jewish?"
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

You walked right into that one.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Languish doesn't seem to work well as an RSS feed.  :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on February 23, 2018, 03:47:18 PM
Last night, I met an Israeli guy. I mentioned that I had been to Israel and thought it was amazing. He said that a lot of people that go to Israel for birthright are deeply moved. I told him I'm not jewish, and only went because I was looking for a place to go and flights to Israel were deeply discounted. He replied, "are you sure you aren't jewish?"

Hope you told him, "No, I'm Scottish".  :)

PRC

Quote from: dps on February 23, 2018, 04:37:06 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on February 23, 2018, 03:47:18 PM

Hope you told him, "No, I'm Scottish".  :)

Do you know why Jewish men are circumcised?  Because Jewish women won't touch anything at least 10% off.

Liep

We got tickets to Denmark - France in Moscow. I can't imagine we won't win. :viking: :frog:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ed Anger

What a miserable day. I should put my head in a plastic bag and breathe deep.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on February 23, 2018, 10:11:21 PM
What a miserable day. I should put my head in a plastic bag and breathe deep.

You're missing CdM, aren't you? :hugs:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Liep on February 23, 2018, 07:21:59 PM
We got tickets to Denmark - France in Moscow. I can't imagine we won't win. :viking: :frog:

At least, it's pretty easy to get to Moscow. Unlike travels to Sochi or Saransk, unless one is Depardieu.  :P

PS: don't forget your fan-id for visa-free entry.