News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Malthus got his sauce just fine at a Mickey D's in Detroit.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

How hard can it be to make that Szechuan sauce?  It must be some kind of sweet and sour sauce that is also spicy.  I see tons and tons of that on sale everywhere.  If they want that sauce, give them the sauce.  It isn't that hard if they put their mind to it. 

CountDeMoney

:lol: How does a $25 billion company screw that up?

garbon

Seems pretty easy. They underestimated how stupid and needy their customers were.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Considering they run promos every week for everything from Happy Meals to movie premieres to stupid games on their soft drink cups, no it doesn't seem pretty fucking easy.

garbon

I'm not sure why we should be in awe of your lack of imagination.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

I'm in awe that your nasty cunt ass hasn't been run the fuck over yet.  Cunt be that hard to miss. 

Josquius

They specifically said this would be in ultra low quantities and once it is gone it is gone. Strikes me this is exactly the reaction they wanted.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on October 08, 2017, 10:02:56 AM
They specifically said this would be in ultra low quantities and once it is gone it is gone. Strikes me this is exactly the reaction they wanted.

QuoteIn some parts of the US, fans encountered stores that had not received the promised sauce and staff who were not aware of the promotion.

Strikes me that you're a fucking moron.  Maybe you need to be hit by a car driven by a pissy Pakistani, too.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on October 08, 2017, 10:02:56 AM

He gets upset when he has to go to Panda for his sauce.

Razgovory

I am constantly amazed at my dad's ability to not die.  He's survived several heart attacks, a triple by-pass, necrotizing fasciitis, a weird fungal infection in his blood, an adrenal crisis, pneumonia and his leg being cut off.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2017, 11:14:44 AMnecrotizing fasciitis,

Is that where he gets attacked by Franco's corpse?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jacob

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2017, 11:14:44 AM
I am constantly amazed at my dad's ability to not die.  He's survived several heart attacks, a triple by-pass, necrotizing fasciitis, a weird fungal infection in his blood, an adrenal crisis, pneumonia and his leg being cut off.

That's pretty intense.

Iormlund

Quote from: Razgovory on October 08, 2017, 11:14:44 AM

Some people just want to live ... or die. One of my hospital roommates was am otherwise healthy 65 yo who had just lost a leg to tobacco. He was letting himself die by my side. Didn't eat, didn't drink, didn't talk. He got his wish in less than a year.

Malthus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on October 08, 2017, 06:46:01 AM
Malthus got his sauce just fine at a Mickey D's in Detroit.

Uh, what?  :huh:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius