News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Insert generic moan about women here.
I should look into this homosexuality buisness.
The only trouble is the having to have sex with guys aspect. And the music. And the fashion.
err...
OK. No to being gay then.
The priesthood?...hmm...I can pretend to believe in God but...The small boy love aspect is not my thing.
Damn.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

Man, the Cards game is in the 19th inning.  The shortstop is pitching.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2010, 05:19:29 PM
I'd jam my thumbs up her ass.

The second picture looks like she wants to jam her thumbs up your ass, too.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josephus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2010, 09:26:04 PM

That's 18 innings too long, man.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Quote from: Razgovory on April 17, 2010, 09:26:04 PM

Holy shit, something to talk about at work on Monday.  :lol:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

HisMajestyBOB

Eating fried chicken and watching The Wire. :)
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Zanza

The German finance ministry has started to levy tax from professional poker players. Usually gambling (lottery, betting, roulette etc.) is tax free in Germany, but apparently professional poker players have too steady a revenue stream so what they do is considered commercial and not gambling and they have to pay income tax.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on April 17, 2010, 10:00:22 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 17, 2010, 05:19:29 PM
I'd jam my thumbs up her ass.

The second picture looks like she wants to jam her thumbs up your ass, too.

I've put up some plywood so that doesn't happen.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

stjaba

Quote from: Zanza on April 18, 2010, 09:25:36 AM
The German finance ministry has started to levy tax from professional poker players. Usually gambling (lottery, betting, roulette etc.) is tax free in Germany, but apparently professional poker players have too steady a revenue stream so what they do is considered commercial and not gambling and they have to pay income tax.

In the US, it is opposite. Gambling earnings are considered unearned income, and taxed a higher rate than regular income. However, professional poker players can set it up so that their poker earnings are considered regular income, and taxed at a lower rate.

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on April 18, 2010, 09:25:36 AM

This is how it works in Canada.  Lotteries, gambling etc. is generally tax-free as it is unpredictable.  But (theoretically at least) if your income is predictable enough it can/should be taxed at the normal rate.

I say theoretically because gambling income is pretty hard to track...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Goddamn gub'mit taxes lotteries here. Angries up my blood it does. Makes me want to read the Turner Diaries and put up with the turgid prose and shallow farcical plot.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on April 18, 2010, 02:47:16 PM
Goddamn gub'mit taxes lotteries here. Angries up my blood it does. Makes me want to read the Turner Diaries and put up with the turgid prose and shallow farcical plot.

Glen Beck's writing a sequel so save your pennies up for it.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on April 18, 2010, 07:38:31 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on April 18, 2010, 02:47:16 PM

Glen Beck's writing a sequel so save your pennies up for it.

Can't. Gub'mint took all mah pennies.

Ed Anger

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.