News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Engineering Raz. Join us.

People expect Engineers to be weird so your insanity will be no stigma.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 13, 2017, 11:50:50 AM
Quote from: Barrister on June 13, 2017, 11:47:48 AM
I was just being snarky, as LL.B.s haven't been handed out in the US for over 40 years.

I thought there were US LLBs for people with law degrees from foreign countries to top up.

Accounting Raz.

Pretty sure the LL.B. is the degree people from foreign countries have.  It's still common in most of the common law world outside of North America.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Let's just work on something measurable and achievable for starters, like Raz walking to the mailbox and back, shall we?  Goddamn.

Razgovory

Quote from: HVC on June 13, 2017, 12:07:33 PM
I was just being snarky, as LL.B.s haven't been handed out in the US for over 40 years.

I thought there were US LLBs for people with law degrees from foreign countries to top up.

Accounting Raz.

If raz has a criminal/arrest record from past issues accounting might not be the way to go.

Never been arrested.  My one violation of the law was on July 2, 2001
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 13, 2017, 12:55:00 PM
Let's just work on something measurable and achievable for starters, like Raz walking to the mailbox and back, shall we?  Goddamn.

I've really been working on that.  The headshrinkers say I've made great strides.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Zanza

HVC

does Germany have legalized weed? The us states that legalized saw a significant drop in alcohol consumption. so they started big anti-pot lobby groups. Democracy in action baby :D
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

ulmont

You're thinking of the Master of Laws (LLM).

Zanza

Quote from: HVC on June 13, 2017, 01:53:27 PM
does Germany have legalized weed? The us states that legalized saw a significant drop in alcohol consumption. so they started big anti-pot lobby groups. Democracy in action baby :D
Only for medical reasons with a prescription.

Admiral Yi

Josquius

Quote from: Zanza on June 13, 2017, 01:33:43 PM

Interesting.
Particularly striking when you consider the new middle classes in India and China starting to consume stuff they didn't before. This must mask an even bigger drop elsewhere.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Did we hit peak booze?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2017, 06:28:03 PM
Did we hit peak booze?

I suspect there has been an increase of wine sold in the US.

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on June 13, 2017, 07:14:19 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 13, 2017, 06:28:03 PM
Did we hit peak booze?

I suspect there has been an increase of wine sold in the US. 

Looks like the overall consumption worldwide of everything but beer has been fairly constant over the last 20 or so years.  Beer consumption looks to have steadily increased until just a few years ago;  can't really tell, but a good bit of that looks to be due to a drop in beer drinking in Germany.

Josquius

I'm thinking to open a new bank account so I can separate the one where I'm saving and the one I'm using to pay for stuff online.
Looking here:
http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/current-accounts/flexdirect/rates-fees-overdrafts
Access to 5% AER (4.89% gross p.a) interest on in-credit balances of up to £2,500 (fixed for the first 12 months). You must pay in at least £1,000 per calendar month (excluding transfers from any Nationwide account held by you or anyone else) to get these rates. After 12 months the interest rate reverts to 1% gross pa./AER (variable) on balances up to £2,500. Interest paid monthly. Advertised rates correct at 1 March 2013 and this rate can be changed at any time or withdrawn without notice. Age 18+

Anyone who knows these things better, what does AER mean?
This means I'll get 5% interest yearly albeit divided into monthly sums correct?
So if I have £2,500 from the start £10.50 a month?
██████
██████
██████