News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2014, 02:34:19 PM
The buzzfeed quiz on how sarcastic are you told me I am completely and utterly sarcastic. :weep:
:huh: Really?

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 17, 2014, 02:56:07 PM

:lol:

Seems like whether the sister is or is not the best speller is a verifiable fact, however.  What a dumb kid.  (The Sea World response is also incorrect, and months are a social construct.)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

So this is new. My street is barricaded / is covered with cops holding scary looking guns*. Apparently the presidential motorcade is going to go zooming by my intersection.  THANKS OBAMA!

*technical term.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

It's not NYC without scary looking guns.  I guess if someone were to try to assassinate Obama, the crucial difference may be the ability to fire 600 rounds a minute at the bad guy.

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 16, 2014, 11:07:41 PMWhat's so amazing about it?
Well-written. Challenging. Interesting.
Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Diane Kruger is very hot.

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Thanks DG for getting us back on the Secret Service watch list.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Scotsman Robert Florence listing his top boardgames:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mokZIHYdxbM

Pretty run of the mill, but turn on the automatic captions for some fun. :lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on June 17, 2014, 10:19:15 PM
Thanks DG for getting us back on the Secret Service watch list.
:unsure: They're not in the counterespionage business, are they? :unsure:

Josquius

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 17, 2014, 09:57:05 PM
Diane Kruger is very hot.

Yes. Yes she is.
German women: British women done right.
██████
██████
██████

The Larch

Quote from: Syt on June 17, 2014, 11:18:42 PM
Scotsman Robert Florence listing his top boardgames:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mokZIHYdxbM

Pretty run of the mill, but turn on the automatic captions for some fun. :lol:

Why do you have this fondness of Scotland and its accent? You've mentioned it several times over the last few months, and it's a bit puzzling.  :P

Syt

I just like it a fair bit, and try to get better at understanding it. In this case it's an ongoing series over at Rock, Paper, Shotgun that I follow that happens to be done by a Scotlander, not me deliberately seeking it out.

I like non-standard native English accents in general.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Sheilbh

Let's bomb Russia!

Grey Fox

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 18, 2014, 08:00:19 AM
HOLIDAY IN TWO DAYS! :w00t:

Don't forget to Celebrate on Tuesday!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.