Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Next time don't hire Jaron.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Korea

I want my mother fucking points!

Josephus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 22, 2009, 10:08:23 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 22, 2009, 06:52:15 PM
I feel like I'm about to die. See you all in hell.

I survived. :(

DAmnit.

I'm here in Hell waiting for you.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2009, 06:55:46 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 22, 2009, 03:40:25 PM
I once had Korea's mom (full Korean) ask for me, in Korean, extra spicy food.  It reached maybe the rarefied heights of black pepper. -_-

Korean food justifies the Japanese occupation.
What dish did you order?  If you order a bowl of plain rice asking for it extra spicy is not going to do much to it.

Spicy pork.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 22, 2009, 06:58:28 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 22, 2009, 03:40:25 PM
Quote from: ulmont on October 21, 2009, 12:10:47 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on October 21, 2009, 11:16:29 AM
They don't know spicy from ketchup.  No, that's not hyperbole.  I asked for spicy and THEY GAVE ME A SAUCE INDISTINGUISHABLE FROM KETCHUP.

You might want to ask for "Korean spicy" or similar.  Otherwise, you get "American spicy" which is indistinguishable from ketchup.

I once had Korea's mom (full Korean) ask for me, in Korean, extra spicy food.  It reached maybe the rarefied heights of black pepper. -_-

Korean food justifies the Japanese occupation.

:rolleyes: Black pepper.

The red pepper paste they put on everything is 20 times more intense than black pepper.

Well, I think I'm thinking of the ridiculous hot and sour soup I once had prepared by Koreans.  I know, that's Sichuan, but they shouldn't serve it if they don't know how to prepare it.  The Koreans' lo mein was okay, though.

And it's crappy red pepper that they use, when they use it.  Quantity doesn't matter when it's that weak.  It's not like the quite-spicy chili paste I was used to from working at a Chinese restaurant, which made everything awesome.  Even that had its limits, but it was detectable.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Korea on October 22, 2009, 09:51:20 PM
You're a dick and they also knew it was for whitey.

And yet it's obvious that comfort women weren't there to cook.
Kinemalogue

HVC

Waking up before the sun comes out is just wrong.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Syt

My Bulgarian born colleague said that one of the communist leaders of Bulgaria once coined the immortal phrase:

"Control is the highest form of trust!"

:unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on October 23, 2009, 07:54:44 AM

Welcome to working life.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 23, 2009, 08:47:35 AM
Quote from: HVC on October 23, 2009, 07:54:44 AM

Welcome to working life.
I've had this job going on almost two years. but i work 10-6 to cover two shifts. But it's inventory time so i have to come in early and leave late.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on October 23, 2009, 07:54:58 AM
My Bulgarian born colleague said that one of the communist leaders of Bulgaria once coined the immortal phrase:

"Control is the highest form of trust!"

:unsure:

BDSM scene?  :unsure:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Grey Fox

Have a good weekend guys.

See you monday morning.

:)
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

Have you ever seen a UPS driver who was less than Moony cheerful?  FedEx guys can be low key, but Big Brown must hand out Ecstasy.