News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I don't care how it works as long as that Spam keeps dropping from planes.

CountDeMoney

Mom had jury duty today;  wound up sitting in the pool for selection for what turned out to be a murder case, a still-unexplained shooting in a restaurant parking lot. 

I figured, as much as a mystery novel/TV crime series junkie she is, I figured she would be bouncing off the walls to get in on that shit.  But she says she's glad she wasn't picked.  Think it was a little too much like reality for her.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 16, 2013, 08:51:33 PM
Mom had jury duty today;  wound up sitting in the pool for selection for what turned out to be a murder case, a still-unexplained shooting in a restaurant parking lot. 

I figured, as much as a mystery novel/TV crime series junkie she is, I figured she would be bouncing off the walls to get in on that shit.  But she says she's glad she wasn't picked.  Think it was a little too much like reality for her.

Going over evidence photos isn't exactly a lot of fun.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

I doubt she would've had a problem with it, she was only an RN for over 40 years.

PDH

Mom was an RN forever, Dad was an ER surgeon.  The dinner discussions at my house were not the norm.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on September 16, 2013, 09:14:04 PM
Mom was an RN forever, Dad was an ER surgeon.  The dinner discussions at my house were not the norm.

Tell me about it.  Why do you think I followed Dad into law enforcement?  His stories were more fun to listen to at the dinner table than impacted colons.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

"The records also show the Germans contacted the British requesting German national Peter Gastreich be allowed to leave the Isle of Wight to visit his dying father - but the British authorities refused the request."

jimmy olsen

5 Day Weekend! :w00t:

Watching Vikings-Bears, pretty entertaining.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tamas

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tamas

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 17, 2013, 08:15:35 AM
NO

I am not saying I would be second to a dog for her, but when I opened the article I expected much worse. :P

sbr

No she is not hot.  She isn't unattractive, but she is not hot.

THough I will admit she very well may be Hungary-Hot.

Ed Anger

i will give you 1 sack off beets for her!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive