News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Ooooo. Somebody is talking about LPD's. Hawt.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

I think it is "Ponse-ee"

Though it might be "Ponse"

I bet that helped.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on August 27, 2013, 07:55:21 AM
I think it is "Ponse-ee"

Though it might be "Ponse"

I bet that helped.

I bet my pronunciation didn't help. But still, a chick talking military stuff? MASSIVE BONER HERE.

DGuller

When I was looking at the map of Puerto Rico a week ago, I didn't know how to pronounce the city of Ponce either.  I still don't, if that helps.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: merithyn on August 27, 2013, 07:47:01 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 27, 2013, 07:43:07 AM
Quote from: merithyn on August 27, 2013, 07:32:36 AM
Today's my one-year anniversary at this job. :) I'm going up to get my "gift" in a minute. How exciting! :yeah:

Yay.

Dude, I spent 18 months unemployed. And I was sole support for a family of six. Give me this, will you?
Fine.  2 yays.

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on August 27, 2013, 07:58:06 AM
When I was looking at the map of Puerto Rico a week ago, I didn't know how to pronounce the city of Ponce either.  I still don't, if that helps.

"PON-say"
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on August 27, 2013, 08:03:10 AM
Quote from: DGuller on August 27, 2013, 07:58:06 AM

"PON-say"

That doesn't sound American. COMMIE!

Brazen

Only in the UK, ponce (pronounced pons) means a pimp employed by a prostitute or an effeminate man...

Brazen

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 27, 2013, 07:56:38 AM
I bet my pronunciation didn't help. But still, a chick talking military stuff? MASSIVE BONER HERE.
This is apropos of a video I'm recording about  military "lasers".

derspiess

Quote from: Brazen on August 27, 2013, 08:16:27 AM
Only in the UK, ponce (pronounced pons) means a pimp employed by a prostitute or an effeminate man...

Yes-- well, it was named in honor of Bradley Manning.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ideologue

Quote from: Brazen on August 27, 2013, 08:16:27 AM
Only in the UK, ponce (pronounced pons) means a pimp employed by a prostitute

I know pimping's not easy, but you shouldn't be able to get it this wrong.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

crazy canuck

Just dont pronounce it ponzi and you should be fine.

Ed Anger

Every ad on websites today is for Toaster Strudel. I blame Seedy.

CountDeMoney

I blame the Chinese, Bain Capital and your shopping trends.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on August 27, 2013, 07:48:59 AM
What's a Tumbler?

Google just shows me the Batmobile.

A glass you drink alkie in.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.